Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ed

My kool doom paeg!!1

Anywho, BigD was gonna see about getting my page hosted on DW, but either he's bogged down with school or it couldn't make it through quality testing. Either way, here it tis':

http://www.wadlist.vze.com

I'm working on putting up one of those 'personality tests' on there, who knows.. it's done for now.

boris said:

He does not even idle in IRC...

Worse than I thought!

Ah well, the best of luck to him in his endevors.

pritch said:

The site's nice pester one of the other demigods for hosting.

Tried that, didn't seem to get anywhere. Seems its all up to bigd.

(My site is one of the DC hosted sites that 'made it through' also)

yeah, and i talked to bigd a week ago when he happened to be on irc. here's evidence of the organization of the current dw team:

<SargeBaldy> bigd`: do you have any control over hosting? heh || <bigd`> sarge: even if i did i would do anything || <bigd`> wouldnt

dw no longer checks dwhosting@doomworld.com either apparently, and when i emailed julian about hosting, i got no response whatsoever.

I cant even remember what I changed now. I sometimes fix peoples punctuation and spelling.

fraggle said:

I cant even remember what I changed now. I sometimes fix peoples punctuation and spelling.

DO NOT fix the title of this thread.

I noticed that the music on your site is in mp3 format...and I didn't think there was any way to use that with doom (since it uses midi format). I guess there's no way to convert mp3 into midi either. Maybe I'm wrong about this?

Lavarn said:

I noticed that the music on your site is in mp3 format...and I didn't think there was any way to use that with doom (since it uses midi format). I guess there's no way to convert mp3 into midi either. Maybe I'm wrong about this?

It's not really music made for Doom *specifically*.. though some of the newer ports support mp3 format music (Zdoom, Jdoom).. very few wads take advantage of this, usually due to size/copywrite issues I imagine.

sargebaldy said:

<SargeBaldy> bigd`: do you have any control over hosting? heh || <bigd`> sarge: even if i did i would do anything || <bigd`> wouldnt

dw no longer checks dwhosting@doomworld.com either apparently, and when i emailed julian about hosting, i got no response whatsoever.

I never really went out looking for my page to get hosted on dw, it's simple, effective and is nothing more than a home for the levels and and other works over the years. It would be nice to be hosted on a big Doom site again and get a larger source for views on my website, but, as you pointed out, it looks bleak for DW.. my other option would be Newdoom, a site Iv'e visited once or twice, mainly just to flame Reol.

Ed said:

It would be nice to be hosted on a big Doom site again and get a larger source for views on my website...

True. With DW currently being the biggest Classic DooM site, hosted sites receive a lot of exposure -- direct links to the sites on DW's front page, periodic news items, etc.

While DooM Center did not receive as many visitors as DW, there certainly was a decent amount of traffic, and the hosted sites got a fair amount of attention. Too bad about DC, eh?

Ed said:

It's not really music made for Doom *specifically*.. though some of the newer ports support mp3 format music (Zdoom, Jdoom).. very few wads take advantage of this, usually due to size/copywrite issues I imagine.

Yeah...now that you mention it, I do remember reading something about support for mp3 and stuff. But does anyone know how to do it? In Wintex, the only music format it will let me insert into the wad is .mus, which you can get from midi files. I didn't think it was possible to use a file with mp3 format in this way.

Quite nice there Eddy. Let's hope one day it gets hosted here. :)

Lavarn said:

Cool...it works perfectly in jdoom. When I play the wad in zdoom though, the music is just silent. Zdoom does have support for mp3, right?

Only in the newest versions. 1.22 did not have MP3 support, so if you're using that version, it could be the cause.

BizzaroDoomer said:

that web page sucks

You suck.

And that page isn't bad for a personal site. At least it has some character.

BizzaroDoomer said:

that web page sucks

What an intelligent statement. God forbid you provide any reasons to back it up. Oh, I forgot, you're just running your mouth. Happy to say, you'll probably be banned soon. kthxbai luboo ^_^ olo~

BizzaroDoomer said:

that web page sucks

I knew the animated gifs and excessive use of the ugly gray texture would tip the scales right into the void of sucking.. alas, my will to continue working on anything doom related has been stopped cold..

Ed said:

.. alas, my will to continue working on anything doom related has been stopped cold..

Because of ....?