Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AndrewB

My first concert, ever.

I suppose outside of Phantom Of The Opera, which I saw when I was 6. I actually really enjoyed it back then. It was quite exciting, suspenseful, and of that nature.

Colin James, at Prince Albert's new $6 million Performing Arts Center. That guy is up there with Frank Sinatra, talent-wise. Vocally, guitar-playing, and songwriting, he's freaking world-class.

First attended or...? No, I didn't perform, I'm sure that was clear enough...

And stop editing that post.

Speaking of concerts, I'm going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and "guests" in August, and seeing as it's my first concert, I'm not sure how to act, what to do, and stuff. Any suggestions?

Heh yeah I saw the Phantom of the Opera about a decade ago as well. I used to have the whole show memorized. That's back when we had to listen to music on a record player. It's been well over 6 years since I've heard it though (not counting Lacrimosa's cover of the main theme).

zarcyb said:

Speaking of concerts, I'm going to see Red Hot Chili Peppers, Foo Fighters and "guests" in August, and seeing as it's my first concert, I'm not sure how to act, what to do, and stuff. Any suggestions?

go totally fucking crazy. take off your shirt and twirl it around above your head

then set your t-shirt on fire and say it's made by a country that doesnt support the evolution of the lizard that makes the leather in your shoe

then get tackled and molested by a 250lbs asshole in the mosh pit

and sneak in a video camera cause I'd pay good food stamps to see a bootleg.

zarcyb said:

haha, you're gonna be so fucked.

I remember I came out of V97 a very different person. I grew up a lot that day. For instance, I'd never known tatood breasts existed before.

Anyway, if it's just a large open mosh, try and keep to the sides is my advice. Never try and get to the front. You're fucked if you need a piss or something.

I've been to a few concerts.

I've seen Metallica about 4 times, Korn about 3, Staind twice, Sevendust 3 times, Linkin Park, Static-X, Slipknot, System of a Down, Drowning Pool, Godsmack, Deftones, STP, Type O Negative...

I have to say the best live is Metallica. Then probably Static-X. Godsmack is good, and Deftones SUCK. Sevendust is a great live band, and Slipknot puts on a good show.

I had the chance to see Disturbed but I decided not to go. I'm not going to any more concerts (well, maybe one more) because I can't stand the smoke.

By the way, the best places in the world to see girls kissing is rock concerts. =P The NUMBER ONE band to see for this is Type O Negative. Aside from people falling on your head and marijuana EVERYWHERE, I saw many boobies that night.

Besides Rock N The Valley/Big Valley Jamboree the only concerts I've seen are Weird Al and Great Big Sea. Weird Al was great, but you go to one concert, the next one is the same with new songs. Great Big Sea, however, is a huge fucking party. You're exhausted after the whole thing. And plus they tend to do 3 encores. :P They get my vote for best live performance.

That reminds me, I have to get early-bird tickets for Rock N The Valley. It's supposed to be awesome this year.

Mine was as following

First: Nine Inch Nails - Fragility 2.0 Tour
Second: Ozzfest2000
Third: Marilyn Manson - Guns God & Governemnt Tour
Fourth: KoRn Live 2002
Fifth: Drowning Pool Live 2002 (I got their autographs, it was like a month before they're lead singer died of drug OD)

My first was Jean Michel Jarre at KB-hallen.

Musical-wise it was OK, but you just don't put Jean Michel Jarre in to such a small stage.

AERO was friggin' great except that we were standing four fit deep in mud.

Little Faith said:

My first was Jean Michel Jarre at KB-hallen.

sweeet! I saw Tool back in October and it was awesome.

The list of every concert I've ever been to:

Bumbershoot 96 - The Seattle arts festival, but they have some good bands there from time to time. This time it was David Byrne (the vocalist from Talking Heads, and all his encore songs were TH songs, also he had the best costumes ever), and Crash Test Dummies on the main stage. I also saw Mudhunny at the 'Rock Arena' (an old hockey arena withing the city center...very good for heavy concerts) where I saw my first moshpit.

Bumbershoot 97 - This time there were an assload of bands: MxPx (bleh), Superdeluxe, Foo Fighters, Blues Traveler, Beck (the best artist there), Joan Osborne (meh), and Sheryl Crow (who I thankfully missed). Thats all I can remember.

Bumbershoot 98 - Went with a friend to this one, as opposed to with my family. Live is all I saw there, but they were good.

End of the World Tour ('99) - My first real concert. Violence and boobs galore. Bands there: Videodrone, Rob Zombie, KoRn.

Fragility 2.0 Tour (2000) - The first concert I saw at The Gorge (best venue ever). A Perfect Circle and Nine Inch Nails.

Ozzfest 2001 - Again at the Gorge. Mudvayne, Black Label Society, Disturbed, Crazy Town, Papa Roach, Linkin Park, Slipknot, Marylin Manson, and the original Black Sabbath. Manson and Sabbath were the only bands worth seeing there. Much thanks to whoever on DW alerted to me the fact that Sabbath was going to reunite again for this tour.

Tool (2001) - Tool and Tricky at the Tacoma Dome. Horrible venue but Tool was awesome nonetheless.

Some Local Show (2001) - Saw this like the last day of school before Winter break. First time I participated in a mosh pit. At the end, one of the bands brought a smoke machine and it set off the smoke alarms, bringing the fire department there. No one noticed.

Local Battle of the Bands (2002) - More lame bands, this time made even lamer by the fact that the voting booth was rigged.

Sturm und Drag Tour (2002) - Kidneythieves, Volt 16, and of course KMFDM. We were in a tiny little underground club and I was just with a friend and one of her friends. Possibly the coolest concert ever.

Another Local Show (2002) - Went to some place in a nearby town to see this, at a venue called The Hole which had an indoor skate park. It was going to be the biggest venue in the county, they were booking bands from Seattle and even as far as California, but complaints from locals made them close down a couple months after I went there. Ha-ha.

I haven't been to concert in a while. Need to go to one badly. Maybe if Skinny Puppy goes on tour after their new album... :D

Lessee, first concert I can remember was a Paul Simon concert in Rice Stadium when I was really little. I hardly remember it, other than the warm-up act being really crazy.

I've seen Phantom of the Opera two, maybe three times, once in Vancouver(?) and once in Salt Lake. I've also seen professional troupe performances of Le Miserables and Disney's Beauty and the Beast, a local troupe performance of Joseph ATATDC, the Utah Shakespearean Festival's production of Twelfth Night, and I was stage crew for a shitty-riffic high school run of Into the Woods.

The first show I really wanted to go see was when Flogging Molly played at Trees. That was an incredible performance; I think you can find my review of it somewhere in Post Hell. I went to the Warped Tour last year to see Flogging Molly, Bad Religion, NUFAN, and Tsunami Bomb. And I've been to a handful of local punk shows.

heh, i saw one concert (Dishwallah), and that was in like.. 1996 or so. and that was 40 miles away in salem. :P to all you spoiled city brats and your "concerts"

heh

My big bro has tix to the Ozzfest 2003 concert this year. The lucky bastard :P
He gets to see the following live:
Marilyn Manson, Korn, Disturbed, Chevelle, Cradle of Filth, Ozzy (of course), and I think that's it.
Like I said, lucky bastard.

elbryan42 said:

Besides Rock N The Valley/Big Valley Jamboree the only concerts I've seen are Weird Al and Great Big Sea.

Lucky clamfish. Weird Al was in Saskatoon, and we weren't.

I also came mighty close to seeing Elton John in Saskatoon last August, I believe 5 years to the day after the Di accident. But the lucky-___ relatives who offered to sell us some of their 8 tickets gave them to someone else, even after we said ____ YES.

My first concert was seeing George Thorgood(sp?) in the Sanger Theatre. It kinda sucked because the place wasn't built for that type of music.
Then in spt. of 2000 I saw AC/DC in concert in Biloxi, Miss. It was absolutely the best concert I had ever seen. They had a huge plasma screen that showed either a video or closeups on the band. And oh who could forget the 100 ft statue of Angus Young coming out and start growing horns?
btw I would love to see Metallica in concert I've heard their concerts are truly bitchin.

I just saw Elton John a week ago, he and Billy Joel are on Tour together. What an amazing concert, truly two of the gratest musicians/entertains today.

Scuba Steve said:

I just saw Elton John a week ago, he and Billy Joel are on Tour together. What an amazing concert, truly two of the gratest musicians/entertains today.

They completely own. Absolutely no doubt whatsoever and a heh yay!

Jethro Tull (several times)
a local punk show with some good bands - DUI (Dirty Urines Incorporated), Chuckleheads
Tom Petty
The Who (and Robert Plant opened for them)
David Bowie and Moby at some MTV area 51 thing (unfortunately missed most of Bowie)
Live
Going to the next Ozzfest (Too bad System of a Down won't be in it this year)

My very first was Fear Factory with a whole bunch of other metal bands at a local club.

I've seen
-KoRn (eh... ok)
-Linkin Park (great)
-Static-x (great)
-Staind (SUCKED!)
-Stone Temple Pilots (amazing)
-Tool (best concert ever. hands down.)
-System Of A Down (amazing)
-Pulse Ultra (great)
-Meshuggah (shocking... I had never heard of them at the time :))

...and I have tickets to see Strapping Young Lad, Metallica, Deftones, Mudvayne, and Linkin Park again in the summer. Woo!

last show i was at was a mosh that turned into a drug crazed mess with people running into walls and jumping off balconies and shit. heh i got high from second hand smoke...lol...

death metal kicks ass and punk is gay oh yeah and industrial kicks ass

Gokuma said:

Going to the next Ozzfest (Too bad System of a Down won't be in it this year)

Ozzie should get a voice transplant or just give up singing all together, he sounds like a dying bird on crack.