Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Ezxariarch

why do i see threw my walls at one angle, not da other.

I made a map, and when I was testing it, I found a wall that I could see THROUGH, but when I looked at it from another angle, it was normal again. The effect is similar to the HALL OF MIRRORS thing, but I checked all the linedefs and textures, and everything was A-OK. But it was still there when I tested it again. I was able to fix this by moving a vertex. But what's up with that?

PS... Any one interested in testing my new DM maps????? ^_^

WTF? Post some screenshots of the level and how it looks from the map editor, or email some editing expert the level. Barring that, learn some f*cking grammar or learn to be more elaborate.

Barring that, learn some f*cking grammar

Heh.

Well, to answer the question - I've come across this before. I think it has to do with the node builder. What happens is you can see other parts of the level through a section of a solid wall from certain angles. If you move the vertex just a little bit, rebuild the nodes, move the vertex back to it's original position and rebuild the nodes again, that should fix it. It has always worked for me, although I have never had that problem in the last few years, so it sounds like you're using an old nodes builder. Try getting BSP v5.0, under the Node Builders section.

nah Ive been there before too having a very common, new-to-wad editing problem. It is because your sector is NOT CLOSED[b] ! Make sure the vertex points are all connected [b]PROPERLY

nah Ive been there before too having a very common, new-to-wad editing problem. It is because your sector is NOT CLOSED[b] ! Make sure the vertex points are all connected [b]PROPERLY

You are correct, however it's usually not the vertices, but the sector assignments on the sidedefs.

I check all da sectors and dey are ALL closed. But after i moved ONE vertex da thing was fixed. Its the best and most detailed DM map i have ever built (only 5 mpas so far)

Description:

-replaces Map01
-1389 line defs (all alighned except ONE, for some reason i wasnt able to aligh that one)
-secret areas, windows, doors(lots, but good), teleporters,etc...
-techno base theme
-large out door enviorment
-New textures and music
-New sounds
-i think theres at least 16 or 20 DM starts
-runs on ALL ports including da old skool DOOM2.exe

more questions, in the Thing editor, whats does DEAF mean?
and how do i get da screenies pasted? Or should i just e-mail it to doom world or sumthing?

I check all da sectors and dey are ALL closed

Can you email me that level in the form where you have the problem (or post it somewhere).

Just because an editors says they are ALL closed doesn't always mean they are. Too hard to explain:)

"whats does DEAF mean?"

The enemies are DEAF.