Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Misty

Caffeine Injection! (5 levels ep, mbf21)(finally in idgames)

Just finished it there and I had a lot of fun with it. It was played with GZDoom with MBF comp. I'm still quite new to the Doom community so I couldn't really pinpoint any discrepancies unless they were blatantly obvious but other than that, great job.

I pushed new update that includes:

• Credits update.
  • Fixes map01 linedef skip, map03 secret switch invisibility(tho I had to make it smaller) and adds ground monster block on map05.
  • Added some ammo there and here.

I plan push this in idgames soon, so if you find something more worthy to report, please do. Updated link is in op. 

Thank you for playthrough from map01 to map03, I'll tweak more things around. Sorry for being locked out in map02. Seems it also induced some rage moments too. I'm worried that map05 will be too hard for you on uv, unless you're used hard combat. 

Played through this today (on UV), some really fun and fast-paced stuff you have here! Lots of bloodletting with some moderately mean traps here and there but still very manageable even in a blind playthrough. Great layouts as well, the way the maps open up is pretty neat. I believe I may have found one small thing to fix; a softlock (I think?) early on in map01, see attached demo (DSDA doom) for demonstration.

ps. sorry for the nauseatingly janky movement in the demo, I'm still trying to get used to DSDA doom's mouse sensitivity which is rather different from prboom+ that I'm so used to.

Caff_01_softlock.zip

Thank you both for finishing this playthrough! I plan update this set really soon, not feeling playing doom or mapping lately, so I'm taking small break. 

@Biodegradable I see you cheesed map04 soulsphere secret in map04. Solution is:

Spoiler

Check for two red torches, they are in same area as green soulsphere and shoot or punch them. Once you do that, platforms will rise and there will be less hassle way to get them. Of course, I could move those slightly far away, but at this point map is done and I don't feel touching this anymore, besides critical skips/oversights/bugs. 

As for map05, I released it last year around June stand alone, but I decided to include in this set as finisher with few tweaks, like changing evil eyes gimmick with target switches that are easy to understand. I also decided to give bfg to ease encounters. In last area, I added lifts(yeah platforms also count as lifts) if you accidentally fall down. 

Exacly what i was looking for! I was searching for a wad to get back into Doom after my year long break and this was it.

Great mapset with fast paced action all across the board and with a perfect length of short but sweet. Thematically the maps don't have much in common but i don't think that was what you where going for. What the mapset lacks in visual consistency it more than compensates it with the blood pumping action.

Great job overall, can't wait to catch up to all of this year's releases.

Hello, I pushed new update on this set, for now it stays on rc2.1 . Link remains the same in op. Update notes:

• Fixes softlock in map01, you can get in if you softlock yourself again.
  • Moved trigger lines further away in map02, if you still manage to soflock yourself, you can open those bars to get in.
  • Map05 got spectres swapped with pinkies, also some skill adjustments around. 

I plan push this in idgames soon, so if there are more concerning things in maps, please report those.

played through it today, UV, DSDA

(click the bottom right twitch logo until the embed is fixed)

Very cool set. Map 05 is my favorite by far, just so much fun. Will surely try to max it when the set is finalized. But other maps are cool as well, Map 04 is my second favorite probably. Also great credits map!

Map 02 bars sequence is a bit confusing, you can get RL before plasma if you know it's there, but if you don't  get it before bars close, you won't be able to get it until the whole sequence of fights is over? Feels strange unless I'm missing something, especially since RL is very useful there.

Also some very subjective thoughts: kinda wish that Map 01 had berserk and Maps 02 and 03 had more rockets (at expense of shells and cells maybe), feels a bit tedious on UV without RL ammo, but idk, maybe it's just me being wasteful. :)

Anyway, liked the set a lot.

Yeah, I agree that map02 could be communicated better, but since plenty of time passed since first time I finished it, I didn't want to touch this level anymore, so I left as it is, just adding some stuff there and here and readjusting some sequences/visibility on switches. 

I actually pushed this idgames(waiting for email to confirm that those are uploaded by me), because since no one posted on this thread until now. 

Edit:seems it got rejected, so I guess I can add more stuff, fix resources and reupload again.

Edited by Misty

Hello everyone! 

Just wanted to say that Caffeine Injection is finally in idgames! I updated op with new link. I also sneaked some quick bugfixes and added ammo there and here around, besides swapping some weapon in map02 locations for quicker access. Thank you everyone who played and gave feedback, this wouldn't be possible without support and criticism. Feel free comment and do reviews, it helps me improve for future projects.