Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DooMBoy

How good is your typing?

Just wondering, how fast can you guys type? I used to type slowly till I got AIM and some typing lessons.

back when I was 15 I took a typing test for a job that required a 55wpm or more typing speed and I averaged 110-120wpm

Back in the QWERTY days, I reached 80-100 WPM on average. Now in Dvorak, I'm at 70WPM and climbing.

I never learned to type in the "proper" way, but the time I used to spend on MUD's and the time I spend on IRC has gotten me up to an OK speed, and I can type without looking at the keys very often.

One of my friends on IRC once told me I type like a Korean. I have no idea what that was supposed to mean, though.

I'd say about 40-50wpm, but I have a hard time with numbers.

Edit: Actually I just timed myself. It's around 70-80.

I've typed up to 129 WPM and can do so with 2 errors or less. I once had a secretary relative who could do 160 WPM. It was mad.

Im at about a pathetic 40 wpm. I never learned to type properly. Actually I sort of refused to, since I've developed my own, inferior way.

Heh, I'm really not sure how fast I can type. Relavtively fast, I'd imagine.

The only WPM rating I remember getting in typing class was 2,786.

I wasn't typing coherently though.

Not sure, it's been a long time ago since I checked it. But it's pretty fast. I've been in a typingclass.

I think I'm about 60-70 words a minute. I used to be about 55 words a minute in school, but I'm much faster now.

Ct_red_pants said:

I don't know, and I don't really want to find out (I'm sure the answer will only depress me).

Wtf? If that's going to depress you, what kind of life do you lead?

45-50 with perfect grammar and no spelling errors..
60-80 with a good deal of boo boos to boot..

Somewhere between 80-100 WPM. Last time I was rated (at a temp agency) I think it was 86 WPM.

something in the region of 40 to 50 if I type properly. anything up to 80 on IRC but you know what I'm like on there =)

pritch said:

something in the region of 40 to 50 if I type properly. anything up to 80 on IRC but you know what I'm like on there =)

<pr1tch> heh
<pr1tch> Andy doesn;t have teh money for my car :P

You mean like that? :)

All ten fingers, blind, around 90 wpm. Thanks to taking typing lessons way back during highschool.