Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Disorder

Bush has completely lost it.

Wtf? huh, well two more worthless holidays for me. I'm atheist and I don't plan on living here (nor being a citizen here, for that fact) after college (sooner if I could, but can't).

Too bad they seem to be each just for this one day, not every year. Maybe we could all have them off.

Also, doesn't the first one seem to cross the old church/state boundary?

I, Dan Woodward, Padishah of Dantopia do hereby declare this day, May 1st, to be America is Stupid day. May all Dantopian citizens rejoice and live in eternal happiness.

He flipped cause he knows it's May Day in the real world, and needed to place a genuinely reactionary holiday for the US instead.

Bloodshedder said:

It's kind of retarded to have two equally stupid holidays on the same day.

They aren't on the same day: April 30th (Prayer) and May 1st (Loyalty.)

myk said:

He flipped cause he knows it's May Day in the real world, and needed to place a genuinely reactionary holiday for the US instead.

Bingo.

the_Danarchist said:

I, Dan Woodward, Padishah of Dantopia do hereby declare this day, May 1st, to be America is Stupid day. May all Dantopian citizens rejoice and live in eternal happiness.

I second that.

Disorder said:

I'm surprised he hasn't declared some day Bushday yet.

Dont give him idea's.

The man is an idiot. It's not like this is a secret, people. Just another holiday on paper that nobody will remember next year.

Bloodshedder said:
It's kind of retarded to have two equally stupid holidays on the same day.

Well, I guess it's along the logic that if you pile a whole bunch of crap together, you get a huge pile of crap. He's probably thinking that if you put enough half-asses holidays together, that he might get the day off.

myk said:
They aren't on the same day: April 30th (Prayer) and May 1st (Loyalty.)

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2003, as a National Day of Prayer.

NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2003, as Loyalty Day.

Looks like the same day to me.

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are voting for Bush in the next election? I'm sure as hell not.

EllipsusD said:

Just out of curiosity, how many of you are voting for Bush in the next election? I'm sure as hell not.

I never vote.

EllipsusD said:

Looks like the same day to me.

True enough, I got got confused by the part where he mentions April 30th (the day he declares the holiday.)

I guess he (they) thought "uh, wait, Prayer day is just for religious people... we need something more secular as well for the many atheists living here..."

Dubya might as well said
NOW, THEREFORE, I, GEORGE W. BUSH, President of the United States of America, do hereby proclaim May 1, 2003, as Anti-Sedition Day

EllipsusD said:

I don't vote. In fact, I wish I had never registered. Any way to reverse this?

Still, I bet all the flag-worshippers who noticed this spooged when they saw. They follow both holidays with half the effort! :D

Imp said:

hey free days off of school and work, i'm not complaining.

You got off school today? I wish I was that lucky. :P

The amount of religion that gets into politics is the one thing that (slightly) disturbs me about the USA.

I probably wouldn't have voted for Bush in 2000, but would I vote for him now? Maybe (but it's a bit academic given that I'm not American). Overall I think he's done a good job - probably better than a Democrat would have done in the same circumstances.

Disorder said:

Bush has completely lost it.

Heh, welcome to year before last, shortly after the man was elected (and I use that term lightly). :)

ravage said:

You got off school today? I wish I was that lucky. :P

I actually did LOL. Not for that reason.. i got suspended for calling the principle a Dick sucker. Got suspended 3 days.

DooMBoy said:

Heh, welcome to last year, shortly after the man was elected. :)

He didn't win the popular vote, he won the votes in the electoral college, which is retarded, because if this is a true Democracy like they say it is, then the popular vote should be the deciding factor, NOT the electoral college.

Imp said:
i got suspended for calling the principle a Dick sucker. Got suspended 3 days.

Sue him for being homophobic :)

BBG said:

if this is a true Democracy like they say it is

Actually, we're a republic.

On a side note, my mom just said that the national day of prayer was started back in 1952, on this same day.