Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stealth Frag

DooM PBR materials pack for episode one (available resolutions: 256, 512 and 1K)

Update:
Added 3 liquids: water, blood and nukage, each of them with 16 frames for smooth animation. I also added new textures: compute3, compspan, step5, new version of flat14 and floor1_1. In the meantime, I had a little fun with Enhanced E1 wad:

Spoiler

EztvahE.png
3gzMuJC.png

nPlIF24.png

FwZr637.png

eu4fqhP.png

uj9rAOb.png

eRiTwHt.jpg

Updated link for pack is in first post.

Update:
Added another star* texture + switch for them, stone2 and stone3 textures (+switch for stone2), all variations of brnbig, doorstop and flats: flat18, flat19, flat20, ceil5_1. E1M1 is almost complete, only texture left is tekwall4. As I looked around a bit at the other levels in this E1, I realized that most of them are filled with my new textures, so I think for today the progress for E1 is something about 80%.
Updated pack is in opening post.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

35D8ZOI.jpg
z1tRLxV.png
nLouKsn.png
bdqZsoH.png
5kBbNAT.png
jTsHZ60.png

7f1Siwi.png

QhcoNMp.png

8DzUAMc.png

wD7M6jH.png

2 minutes ago, DannyMan said:

I got a question, how did you make the PBR materials?

Simply, I model a 3d mesh based on lowres texture, after that I bake all maps I need (normal, AO etc.) and then I create material for them using soft like Quixel and PS.

Update:
added textures: tekwall4, stone, stonpois, brnsmal variations, browngrn, sladwall variations, metal1, doorblu, doorred, dooryel + few fixes/tweaks here and there.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

ZJ3i0sw.png

lzB0XCR.png

7WUtrx5.png

BvB4B5D.png

Update:

Finished plat1 and lot of switches. I decided to update only version with png's in 1K, because 2K tga version would soon reach horrendous 1GB. Most of the textures from the first episode are ready, there are only a few left, including one time-consuming tekwall.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

L5EUV3O.png
XBp8h3R.png
GbqUfrH.png
2Ltkp0i.png
DkexPFd.png
SYDpnKP.png

I'm loving it. LOL something no one has thought of before but PBR monsters with their glowing eyes.

Update:
Added all missing light trims, bigdoor1, few gray textures, shawn2, redwall, pipe2, brownhug and lots of new flats. I also added alternative low resolution versions: 512 and 256. Especially 256 version is best suited to a pixelated environment of Doom, so if someone doesn't like the contrast between high resolution textures and the rest of the game, I advise you to use 256 version.

Screenshots:

Spoiler

fJMqtrz.png
Q0oUMZl.png
yPve0gn.png

Edit:
YT showcase

Edited by Reinchard

12 hours ago, Reinchard said:

You need to pay attention to some materials. For example, concrete should not shine.

Spoiler

JcxOpzb.png

For comparison, with strong lighting, the walls look with a white tint, but with a matte surface it looks more natural.

Spoiler

phXK0OC.png

0sIr0M3.png

38 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

You need to pay attention to some materials. For example, concrete should not shine.

Hide contents

For comparison, with strong lighting, the walls look with a white tint, but with a matte surface it looks more natural.

Hide contents

Thanks! I added leakage under the slanted bumps like in original reference and only they shine slightly. Other part of concrete is rather matte. 
you can see it more clearly when you look at other angle:

Spoiler

d9ePGoq.png
tPubRUr.png

Besides , plasters and concrete reflect some light in real life. For example I like how the surface reflects little light in case of that texture, looks very natural.

Spoiler

J8b8OdN.png

But I understand your point of view and have been intent on changing the brown1 roughness map for a long time. The entire brown textures variations are the ones I have reworked the most frequently. Also, we have to remember that the light in GZDoom has a lot of disadvantages and sometimes I have to find a compromise between physical based values and engine possibilities.

39 minutes ago, Reinchard said:

Besides , plasters and concrete reflect some light in real life. For example I like how the surface reflects little light in case of that texture, looks very natural.

Yes, it looks good on light textures, but with dark ones... I'm terribly annoyed by this white layer, so I think I'll get rid of it.

By the way, do you have any desire to make a PBR weapon?

Spoiler

49 minutes ago, Doomenator said:

I reduced the concrete value to 255 (pure white) and also smoothed out a bit normal for Brown1, they also affected the entire effect. I also lightened leakages a bit. In theme of pbr weapons - it would be great if someone made them, I personally spend too much time on textures. It would even be easy if it wasn't for the hand animation. Chaingun or rocket launcher will be peace of cake, but every weapon with visible hands will be pain in the ass.