Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Draconio

Doom cameos?

Anyone know of any Doom cameos to tell about? I know these ones:

The most obvious one, some of the characters in Quake 3 Arena are Doom space marines (Crash, Doom, Phobos). Also isn't Klesk an imp? I'd have to check to be sure on that one.

In Quake 2, there's a secret room in the palace that has some interesting stuff in it, including a Doom poster. I also got a message in that room about needing a red key, but I never found the key so I don't know if there's any more Doom-related stuff there.

In Duke Nukem 3D, you can find the mutilated corpse of a Doom space marine in one of the secret areas.

In Pits of Angband (at least some versions, I don't know all of them) there's a demon-class monster that sometimes appears deep in the dungeon called Cyberdemon. Its "attack spell" is Launch Rockets.

This one might not count to some people, but in Heretic, typing IDDQD is instant death and typing IDKFA takes away your weapons.

Anyone know of others? I'm not particularly interested in sound effect ones, since the Doom sounds came off a sound resource CD and other use of them is not necessarily Doom-related, but say them anyway if you feel like it.

in Q3, sometimes the Icon of Sin is used as texture on walls

Goat said:

in Q3, sometimes the Icon of Sin is used as texture on walls

quakeIII is full of doom references, look anywere for a clue

In Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the PC, go to the Cheats menu and input "idkfa". This unlocks the Doom Guy as a playable character.

Spray said:

In Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3 for the PC, go to the Cheats menu and input "idkfa". This unlocks the Doom Guy as a playable character.

no joke??

Draconio said:

In Quake 2, there's a secret room in the palace that has some interesting stuff in it, including a Doom poster. I also got a message in that room about needing a red key, but I never found the key so I don't know if there's any more Doom-related stuff there.

What level and how do you get to it? I've never seen that and i feel that I must.

In Soldier of Fortune 2 there's a room on one of the ship levels that has a computer with the doom logo on it.