Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jimmy

Post your Doom textures!

3 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

I was in dire need of some extra brown and grey marble, so I did a simple recolor of everything you posted

spritesheet.png

IMO, these are just perfect for anyone who wanted to make Abandoned Spooky Mansion.

7 hours ago, ViolentBeetle said:

so I did a simple recolor of everything you posted

Can you explain your re-coloring process? I would like to take the gray colors in the texture and turn them red, but without changing the browns and greens at the same time. I don't know an efficient way to do that.

21 minutes ago, RDETalus said:

Can you explain your re-coloring process? I would like to take the gray colors in the texture and turn them red, but without changing the browns and greens at the same time. I don't know an efficient way to do that.

Try paint.net, the recoloring might work. Using layer & color properties can also do a good job...

using Slade for palettized recoloring is pretty easy. Some image editors (photoshop, corel painter, maybe GIMP) will also let you choose only part of the color spectrum to adjust, instead of shifting the hue of everything.

5 hours ago, RDETalus said:

Import picture into slade

Convert it to Doom GFX

Use Color-remap tool (On top of preview, you can also right-click on the lump after selecting multiple)

You will see 2 palettes. Select ranges on top to convert into bottom. There's a list on very top so you can add/delete more conversions.

Took the Doom II And Back Again Achievement from the Doom 3 BFG Edition, upscaled it with Upscayl, resized it to 128x128 and converted it to Doom's Palette.

ACHMWALL.png

Feel free to use it, just credit me. Original Achievement art created by id Software.

On 9/23/2022 at 9:06 AM, ChopBlock223 said:

I made them.

BLINDS01.png.2cae08b816f8d0ccae37a9d44aba9fbe.pngBLINDS02.png.f4ecd6bb14a89a12a2a038fae0dd1b63.pngBLINDS03.png.4ec241676e88bdaede8f52baa5ffb369.pngBLINDS04.png.c80fc1b3bad8f1b2dc2115a4fd8cd666.pngBLINDS05.png.e84c994c11e36d4e80bb0f3c67cd0257.pngBLINDS06.png.d3dc79eff49d0b4c0c33786bae27428a.png

These are not intended as an animated sequence, though I suppose they could be used as one. I haven't made any corresponding pull string or that rod you use for turning them, but that would be easy to do. Optionally, since Doom is the future, you can say they're motorized, wouldn't take very sophisticated technology, and I'm sure the UAC would actually make those kinds of pointless expenditures for one of their nicer offices.

doom53.png.6521b5bf07642e02e72582572e866b67.png

No real window surface, just that red shiny wall from Doom 1 turned a bright gray and with a translucency line action. The width of the blinds themselves is I think 126 pixels, with empty space on the sides to make them 128 wide, so that they can fit neatly in a large 128 window and not obscure the sides (also making them worse windowblinds).

Can I use them for a wad? Credited of course

On 9/22/2022 at 8:56 PM, RDETalus said:

Paint.net is more than capable. Most textures i make I have to tinker with the original image more, but usually overlay blending works extremely well.

On 9/23/2022 at 2:56 AM, RDETalus said:

Gimp has a colour rotate feature which is very handy for this. 

Searched for Rust on DeviantArt and found these rust textures on Page 1 that I thought would fit Doom's Palette perfectly.

RUSKCRCK.pngRUSTART.pngRUSTHOLE.pngRUSTROCK.png

Feel free to use them, credits go to the original artists that made them.

10 hours ago, Wadmodder Shalton said:

Feel free to use them, credits go to the original artists that made them.

Ugh - We're having this conversation again.

• Credit WHO???
  • You found <graphic> online, slapped it into slade or whatever, then palettized them.
    • Because of this they're not seamless as no work has been put into them.
    • What contexts (if any) could you use these in their current state?
      • Before posting, try using them in a map yourself to see where they are convincingly viable as texture

I, again, don't want to put you off of making textures but I also feel it needs to be said out loud to you that these aren't... good. I definitely feel some of these resources could be made into a series of viable textures but it'd take considerable work to get there. Additionally, did you seek permission from the original artists to make use of their art?

A few liquids textures (128x128). Heretic-paletted.

WWATER01.png.09f11f325f5cbebba4c9c79f5c222aeb.pngWDWATR01.png.99f7521da31196e879ad5b71d728634b.pngWSLIME01.png.89404c4b988daf60cfdf9c98a1c8d31a.pngWSLIME02.png.bf56b8be0d096b3de17a0717b8fdb507.pngWLAVA01.png.474920f964d79f927d9c532056c88a7b.pngWSLIME03.png.6f203e5b95452747f5b0d5ec47c913b5.pngHXSLIME1.png.b0dbd9877c5b8f00326aa09773b150eb.pngFLATHUA1.png.3d8cc0228428f35563eb6a011b3c5172.png

First water texture is based on texture found on OpenGameArt.

Others are based on some textures from Filter Forge library.

here's some of the stuff I made in the past 2 weeks, all of it is doom paletted
I have plans to properly share these in a wad file at some point

wooden arc texture:

Spoiler

Y0cOAAZ.png

other miscellaneous textures:

Spoiler

5Gz1C9g.png

On 9/27/2022 at 11:05 PM, jaeden said:

A few liquids textures (128x128). Heretic-paletted

Any thoughts on how to animate them?