Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahkan

So, how old are you ?

Right now I'm exactly 19.881.792.000 Doom ticks old. That is if my dumbass got that right.

If you've calculated that right in years, you may wish me a happy birthday.

8 hours ago, thiccyosh said:

Right now I'm exactly 19.881.792.000 Doom ticks old. That is if my dumbass got that right.

If you've calculated that right in years, you may wish me a happy birthday.

Happy Birthday Yoshi

I have no idea how old you are though, I don't understand the metric system or how to convert an IP address into years.

Hit the old half a Century in a couple of years, which is embarrassing cause I'm not sure I'm any more "grown up" than I was at 20. Probably a bit more responsible though, got kids so I at least have to appear to be more adult than them. 

I am 26 years old. I was born the same day that the lead singer from Blind Melon, Shannon Hoon, died (10/21/1995). My birthday is coming soon and I am enthusiastic for the releases of Halloween Ends and V/H/S/99 next month.

Edited by MrFroz

On 9/19/2022 at 2:36 PM, Serum said:

It's my 27th birthday.

Happy late birthday 

On 5/15/2022 at 12:22 PM, Avoozl said:

Already 35, I feel like I've wasted my young adult years.

On 6/27/2022 at 8:15 PM, Alex S. said:

We both did, if it makes you feel any better.

Out of curiosity, what would you guys have done differently?

On 10/2/2022 at 8:58 AM, Dragonfly said:

I turned 30 a week ago. 😅

Happy Birthday. I hope you had a great day. :)

On 10/2/2022 at 8:59 AM, staros96 said:

With the handle "Staros96" I guess you had to be 25 or 26. Its one of the unwritten laws of the internets that if you put a number after your title, it is either your birth year, or someone else already took the name you wanted and you had to settle for, say "Staros02". Or something.

Anyway, happy soon upcoming birthday I guess. :)

On topic, if we are measuring time in terms of Doom framerates, I am exactly 3247 frame refreshes old. I suppose I should have measured that framerate on something other than a series of hand drawn cave paintings strung together using a pc with the processing power of a carrot.

[edit] Also happy belated birthday @thiccyosh

5 hours ago, Kyka said:

With the handle "Staros96" I guess you had to be 25 or 26. Its one of the unwritten laws of the internets that if you put a number after your title, it is either your birth year, or someone else already took the name you wanted and you had to settle for, say "Staros02". Or something.

Anyway, happy soon upcoming birthday I guess. :)

ha yep v good - thanks... not long to go... 

You damn kids

No I’m only 31 so that probably puts me around the median age for people who are active here. It may actually skew younger than that, now, but obviously I’m not that old by DW standards. At any rate it would be neat to try and figure that out. Maybe a fun data science project for the Doomworld Hacker to share with us /j

What a coincidence to see this thread on my 33rd birthday with that page count ROFL...

Spoiler

I swear I already had my 32nd birthday but turns out with the health/sleep issues I have and everything else going on in the world you can even forget exactly how old you are, don't ask me how because I don't know either!!

Edited by knifeworld

I am 24. So not old enough to have been around when doom released. Hell not even quake. First fps games that I played that can be remotely be considered old school was half-life and Duke 3d in 2012. So I was not at all familiar with doom, didn't even know anything about the game aside from few tidbits. So besides those two games I already mentioned, I was only familiar with modern milltary shooters like cod and I didn't like them then and even less now. So colour me suprise when I in 2019 stumbled over these games that have fun combat and exploration driven gameplay, that are older than me. Late to the party, but better late than never.