Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
netnomad312

"Multi" thing type

I thought I'd add a few weapons in each level with only "multi" selected, for DM purposes. So I tested it out... but none of these things appeared. What am I doing wrong? They don't have any skill level selected, just Multi.

Assuming you are actually testing the level on DM or coop, you need to
make sure that the skill levels are set. Even DM items need a skill level,
so items without a skill level assigned won't appear.

They still need to have skill levels attached as well as multi.

A cool thing to do to change the way the DM plays is to put different weapons on different skill levels. That way people could play say, with or without a BFG in the same level (or whatever else).

Ah, okay. I was just looking at System Vices recently, and that's how all the "multi" things there worked. Guess that doesn't work well in DM.

It's not like I have much to test with. The bots are okay competitors in some situations, but not others. Like, in level 32 of my wad I've been playing DM against them a few times recently. There are four "towers" in this level, each with one of the four major weapons. I found that the lucky guy who weilds the Plasma Gun is most likely to go on a killing spree, until someone grabs the BFG and takes him out. Then again, the BFG only appears when you hit a switch, so putting it into play is entirely my job. Heheheheh.