Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Rubilacxe

Whats your top 5 favorite MOD/TC/PC/ whatever

Hey look its me

Thought I'd post somthing since I rarely do...whats your top 5 favorite MOD's for Doom (or TC/PC whatever you wanna call them)?

for me its

5. Ghostbusters
4. Dragon Ball Z
3. Golden Eye
2. Cube
and my fav.
1. Batman

[Christopher Lowell voice]
Oh hi, Ruby! How are you?! It's so good to see you again!!
[/Christopher Lowell voice]

Ahem.....

Fave TC: Hmm, nothing really comes to mind.
Fave PC: Heh, let me think....uh, hmm. Can't think of anything right now, but I'll probably remember something later on.
Fave Mod: Heh, the Immoral Conduct Mod for EDGE was pretty cool.

I tend not to be a huge fan of tc/pcs, but the little one eyed dude cyb made is pretty cool :)

Best mod for me is Immoral Conduct for zdoom, with a suitably modified deh.

I'm a fan of LilWhiteMouse's creations. Unlike many other TC's and PC's they genuinely feel like a wholly new game.

They are also rather fun gameplay-wise, though I often find them a bit too difficult, often frustratingly so.

Also I am rather annoyed the way LilWhiteMouse sue to abandon all development on all projects once they are beginning to look really good. She even pulls away the perfectly functioning demo's and beta-versions from her site.

My favourites of hers are A Furry Tale and Chosen.

Little Faith said:

They are also rather fun gameplay-wise, though I often find them a bit too difficult, often frustratingly so.

Yes, I too have found them to be very difficult. I find myself saving the level after each battle or encounter with multiple enemies. And, yes, LWM does have a tendency to leave projects unfinished.

Have you tried LWM's Chibi Rebellion? It's another good TC.

Aliens TC and anything by LMW

Little Faith said:

My favourites of hers are A Furry Tale and Chosen.

Ditto. Gunsmith Cats was cool too.

Lesse if I can even think of five...

In no specific order

Chosen - realy awesome stuff, and honestly if I didn't edit so much myself I would swear that it's not even really Doom, or that half the stuff is impossible to do (and in some cases I couldn't even figure it out and had to ask her heh)
Ghostbusters - actually I haven't played this in a while, but I remember some top notch gfx (as would be expected from ScubaSteve) and a lot of pretty innovative stuff (such as the car level)
Batman - this is really an amazing effort and the only megawad I've ever gotten all the way through more than once, everything about it is really neat and there's a lot of stuff in it that makes you wonder 'how the hell did they do that?' and everything is quality as well
All Hell is Breaking Loose - maybe not that pretty, but it had some nutty new monsters and I had a lot of fun playing it. It's expecially great how some of the monsters curse you out or give you the finger when they die too hehe (unless you're offended by cursing I guess, but screw you anyway you fucking hippy)
Aliens TC - eeek!!! Fun stuff, and pretty scary at times.

Also I enjoyed AOD Doom, Strain and there's prolly a couple others I'm sure I forgot too...

Hehe, btw thanks pritch, I'll leave your payment under the door ;)

All Hell is Breaking Loose is the pinnacle of DeHacked editing. People were utterly astonished about the features of this one back then.

Not until Edge would people experience so drastically changed monster behaviour.

Sadly the levels were not on par.

er, what's all this PCTCMOD stuff? Well I'll just say Massmouth then. Of course Captain Mancubus is better :PPPPPP

You know, it seems like there's gonna be a right battle of the tcs really this year, some of which are already out.

.Doom64 tc (the absolution)
.Metroid tc
.Freedoom
.NinjaTurtle tc
.Elmo's quake2 tc
.Enigma
.Dark Nexus
.Scythe
.Metal Gear solid tc
.My tc Mangadoom
.RTC-3057
.Lizard war (hopefully a full version)
.Zoom *EDIT: that too*
.Quakedoom

and probably a few others i forgot to mention. Oh well. Many happy hours of dooming fun. :)

Favourite tc:
Sirenszd

favourite pcs:
GDoom
Cringe

ravage said:

Ditto. Gunsmith Cats was cool too.

WHAT!?!? WHERE? *EDIT: Found it*

I would mention mine, but it's not for Doom. Instead, I'll probably go with the Doom64 TC or Zoom (when they're finished, that is).

LilWhiteMouse is easily one of the most underrated wadsters out there.

Perhaps if her works got a bit more attention she would actually finish something.

Ichor said:

Instead, I'll probably go with the Doom64 TC or Zoom (when they're finished, that is).

Most interesting mod/TC currently in development? I'd say Daedalus.

I also really like all of those WolfenDOOM mods...a lot of them were really cool. I liked the remakes of the old episodes especially. But one of my favorites was Artic Wolf.

Arctic Wolf was full of atmosphere.

That grey clammy aquatic base just had something to it that felt right.

Heh, the only TCs I've played are Batman Doom and Wolfendoom. Arctic Wolf was pretty cool I guess.

Oh yeah, obviously RTC-3057 and Millennium are going to blow the house down when they're released.

Doom 64 TC of course. :P

I'm surprised no one mentioned the Quake TC for Edge by Fanatic. Been a fave of mine for a LONG time. Quality work.

Other faves are WolfenDoom, Immoral Conduct, and Aliens TC.

TC: HACX,
PC: Eternal DooM, Herian2
Notables: Memento Mori, Requiem, WolfenDooM, QDooM for EDGE, EarthZD, Osiris, an unreleased SW conversion by Enjay, ....... the list could go on.

pritch said:

I tend not to be a huge fan of tc/pcs, but the little one eyed dude cyb made is pretty cool :)

I laugh at your ignorance! Cyb didn't create Massmouth.

PC: ruinbros and nimrod.
TC: didn't exactly adore any TC, but batman doom is nice.