Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Kam Tovalski

TARGET: The Tei Tenga Troubles - WIP Ultimate Doom Megawad (vanilla-compatible) [6/36]

6 hours ago, Firedust said:

2022 the year of Ultimate Doom megawads.

I am not a speedmapper and might be tight on free time soon, so maybe it'll be done in 2023 haha

For me 200p is just too tiresome to look at these days, but even in double res, vanilla maps like these can still be fully enjoyed IMO.

Hey Kam! I recorded a playthrough of all the available maps so far. (Spoiler: I thought they were great.) Youtube seems to still be processing the HD version but I don't think it matters for a Doom video. Also lmao that I got a copyright claim for some of the music.

10 minutes ago, Kam Tovalski said:

About the claim, I guess it was E1M9 track, even tho I arranged it myself haha. Sorry for issues.

Oh no worries. I don't monetize videos so pretty sure it doesn't have any effect.

1 hour ago, scwiba said:

Hey Kam! I recorded a playthrough of all the available maps so far. (Spoiler: I thought they were great.) Youtube seems to still be processing the HD version but I don't think it matters for a Doom video. Also lmao that I got a copyright claim for some of the music.

Alright, I watched this playtest and thank you for this in-view. You are right - I would like to make the classic-styled megawad, with difficulty level around Doom 1, but kinda my way, with some story going in extras. Thus, I make weapons appearance set in a wider time: Rocket Launcher is at E1M9 for the first time. Generally, I try to keep the sequence: new weapom in a hard secret, new weapon in an easy secret, non-secret weapon. Chaingun and RL will be more accessible within Ep. 1. Also, I need to make ammo just a little less tight, especially bullets. haha.

Thanks for that, the difficulty and complexity dramatically ramp up from the first couple of very gentle levels which was a nice progression, managed to find the secret level and some of the secrets on my playthrough and looking forward to seeing more :)

UPDATE:
Changes related to E1M1 and E1M2:
- E1M1 has a way diffrent second half.
- E1M2 has been changed totally in order to make it more classic and less confusing.

Another update (sorry for spamming :D )
- E1M2 has a diffrent MIDI track
- E1M5 - 1/4 of the map has been removed, so you don't need 12+ minutes to complete it

Whoa, I did not expect anyone to be here  for long time. give me couple minutes, I'll reupload this. And maybe return to work on this ;)

1 minute ago, Kam Tovalski said:

Whoa, I did not expect anyone to be here  for long time. give me couple minutes, I'll reupload this. And maybe return to work on this ;)

I'm superfan of Doom1, i played your wad some time ago, so, i was expecting another playing/rating
Do it man do it! :)