Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Goat

MTV ICONS : METALLICA

Aside from the fact that this truly is a rare occurrence that MTV is actually airing something remotely connected to music, it is even rarer that the music they are airing is GOOD and not utter SHIT like most they play on there (IMO). It is some kind of tribute to metallica, and i just tuned in so those of you who are metallifans like i am, and are browsing the forum now, you havent missed much. go, re-add MTV to your channel listing and WATCH!!

Oh, and for some funny shit: (italics are my own)

'Metallica was a natural choice for the honor, said Michele Dix, MTV's senior vice president of music and talent.

"How many artists have sold 85 million albums? That's very iconic despite how young they are," she said. "It's refreshing to have guys doing whey they have done since they started. They haven't reinvented themselves." '

WHAT

VH1 had a bitchin' Metallica documentary. MTV's shit is usually pretty trite.

the_Danarchist said:

Good music will never make it to television.

says the guy whose favorite band is tool

Disorder said:

I've heard Avril Lavigne did a Metallica song too.

Yeah and it was horrible. Snoop Dogg's was the shittiest thing I've ever seen.

I saw it a little of last night, maybe 10 or so minutes. From what I saw, it was ok. Not good, not great. But OK, I guess. Metallica's a pretty ok band. I'm suprised Macvilewhore hasn't posted on this thread yet, since Metallica's one of his favorite bands.

met > *

I missed the show last night because we had a tstorm and the power went off for awhile and reset my alarm clock.

But I'm watching the rerun tonight.

My mom's gonna be so pissed when she finds out she's not watching angel.

Is it just me or is Kirk Hammet's hairline receding?

symbol of a dying era. i dont give a show how they look, as long as they keep making good music :)

Liam the Bard said:

says the guy whose favorite band is tool

I've seen a total of 3 Tool videos on TV ever.

Goat said:

as long as they keep making good music :)

You must have been quite disappointed by the albums after ...And Justice for All then. :(

And Danarchist, there've been at least half a dozen Tool videos on MTV: "Sober," "Prison Sex," "Aenima," "Stinkfist" and "Schism" are the ones I immediately remember offhand.

Ubik said:

You must have been quite disappointed by the albums after ...And Justice for All then. :(

And Danarchist, there've been at least half a dozen Tool videos on MTV: "Sober," "Prison Sex," "Aenima," "Stinkfist" and "Schism" are the ones I immediately remember offhand.

First Metallica album I bought was Reload ;P

I bought a Tool vid recently that has quite about 4 vids on it.

I dunno all the names, but I know Sober and Aenema were on it.

Nightmares galore :)

There is a difference between having your video shown on MTV and participating in their shows.

Having your video shown on MTV is just an indicator that the industry think you are worth enough money to waste precious screen time on.

Participating in their shows means that you'd like to be known as part of the MTV concept.

I think most bands would like to have their videos shown on MTV, but a lot of them would have second thoughts to star in their somewhat dubious shows.

Music shouldnt be a popularity contest. If its good music tis good music. It shouldnt matter if a band has a video on mtv. It also shouldnt matter what the band looks like.

Kirk's such a biker chick.

I used to listen to Metallica all the time, but after a few years of searching I've found they're far from unique and provide very little material of worth to music in general. I still listen to a few S&M tracks, most of which I think would be great if the band didn't play along.

Ubik said:

Huh...I had to borrow Salival from my friend to see most of them. Schism I actualy saw on MTV like twice, and Parabol/Parabola I had to find on Kazaa.

Korn playing One was by far the best proformance at the show. though Metallica themselves and avril lavign wasn't bad by any means. And, despite what anyone may think, Metallica has some damn talented musicians. just listen to one of kirk hammet's guitar solos and you will know what I mean. But snoop dog was uncalled for.

Tobester said:

First Metallica album I bought was Reload ;P

Bleargh.

I heard Metallica weren't up to snuff on the medley they did, partially because Lars can't keep up with his drumming from back in the Master of Puppets era. He's become such a eurotrash retard snot anyway.