Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Johnatone

web page madness 8

in web design 2 we have to design a web page for our semester project. there are a few requirements, one being that we have to make a tutorial page on how to do some of the things we did to make our site. Well, this is what I came up with. What kind of a grade do you think I'll get (seeing as I got an A on my last semester web project, which was this.) also, what's your opinion of my tutorial?

(btw, if you look at any of the other parts of the site, be aware they're not done, and the link to get everywhere is in my sig)

I'd say a C+.

1 - I would prefer a black text on a white or off-white (white with just a hint of yellow) background.
2 - For such a long tutorial, I'd have split the page into two frames, with one small one on the left or top containing an outline and quick reference links, and the main one for the tutorial.
3 - If the frame is on the left, then a nice notebook type background might be helpful (but not really needed).
4 - Get rid of step 10 (which is really step 9). I'd have given it a B if it wasn't for that.

Hmmm.....
I'd say a B-. The grade could have been higher except for a couple things:
1. Red links on a black ground. This in itself is not necessarily a bad thing, but it tends to blend in with the black, making it somewhat hard to see (or maybe it's me).
2. Hmm...step 10 (9?) is entirely unnecessary, though good for a quick heh or two.

Well given that you got an A for that first abomination, that managed to crash IE when I tried to look at the fourth page, I'd expect they'd damn near have an orgasm over your latest creation.

Jonathan said:

Well given that you got an A for that first abomination, that managed to crash IE when I tried to look at the fourth page, I'd expect they'd damn near have an orgasm over your latest creation.

Affirmative.

I'd give it a C personally. The contrast between the text and background is excessive. Also, use a sans-serif font for increased readability. Century Gothic is my personal favorite.

However, considering the craptastic site you produced for that last project, You'll probably ace this one too.

You also lose points for suggesting that the user register on Tripod :P

i'll say B

Jonathan said:

ROFL

Jonathan said:

Roger that.
The pages suck heh.

fraggle said:

this is better.

the crash is not necessary.

fraggle said:

this is better.

Indeed. This page must be so cool that no one in either Netscape or IE (or opera based on boris replying) will EVER be able to see it.

Actually, I've seen those before. Worst exploits EVAR!

Fantabulous!

EDIT: Well great, it doesn't crash opera. I guess that means we should all use opera now.

It doesn't crash Opera. I was just saying that you could put anything in there, not just "crash".