Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Chris Hansen

Wanted: Testers for my newest level.

I need some people to help me test out my latest creation, Helpyourselfish. I was thinking about two persons per skill level. This is mostly because the level is pretty damn big and absolutely well populated! I figured that people's seriousity when it comes to testing and giving feedback would drop dramatically if they were to test all skill levels, and at the same time inspect the level for misalignments and the like. Am I right? So, if you're up for it, either drop me a line on e-mail or preferably notify me via this thread. The "deadline" for notification is in exactly 48 hours from the time of posting this.

So you wan't a little info on the wad, ehh? Well, screenshots and a story among other things can be found here http://home13.inet.tele.dk/CNH/Helpyourselfish.htm and I can tell you that you'll need to use some sort of sourceport, preferably NOT jDoomGl, Gl-Legacy and Legacy. And that's because some things do not get displayed properly in those ports. And no, the use of a sourceport is strictly to remove VPO's and support the use of two new tree sprites.

So, what'll it be....?

Too bad I'd make a lousy tester. So testing is the only think left on that level? I'm looking forward to it's release!

Excellent screenshots.

I'd be happy to play-test your level. Just assign me the skill level you want.

Thanks guys. You're all on the list, and I don't need anymore than this. The list looks as follows:

I'm too young to die :
SargeBaldy (owen_lloyd@hotmail.com), Cyb (cyb@frad.org),

Hey, not too rough :
LittleFaith (Sinewave@godisdead.com), ReX (gurkha_boy@yahoo.com)

Hurt me plenty :
Mancubus II (mike@mancubus.net), Netnomad312 (jwall0312@aol.com), Magnum (johnymagnum@hotmail.com)

Ultra Violence :
VolteFace (junior@kwic.com), RTD_Scout (grimmssac@yahoo.com), BLackVoid (delta_point@hotmail.com)

Nightmare :

Please check that your e-mail adresses are correct and if you're not satisfied with skill level assignment, please ask one of the other guys via this thread if you wanna swap places. Or something. I'll just need to know in some way. Sorry, Cyb, but I couldn't help it... ;-)

Now, anyone wanna try out Nightmare mode? No!? Geeez..... Me!? Are you crazy!!

EDIT: Cyb's e-mail adress fixed.

cyb@vect.org doesn't work atm, my mail server rejects all incoming external mail until I fix it :P, so use cyb@frad.org for now. Hopefully I'll find it within all the goddamn spam heh.

skill 1 is fine I guess :P

Of course, you're all perfectly welcome to try out the other skill levels and give me as much feedback as you like. The ones you've been asigned to are merely the ones you need to be particular thorough with.

I expect to have the level completely finised and ready for "shipment" within a day or two. At the moment it's 98% finished and need only a couple of finishing touches and some pwad merging. You can't miss it if you check your e-mail inbox often, suddenly, it's just there.

c-cooper said:

Of course, you're all perfectly welcome to try out the other skill levels and give me as much feedback as you like. The ones you've been asigned to are merely the ones you need to be particular thorough with.

I expect to have the level completely finised and ready for "shipment" within a day or two. At the moment it's 98% finished and need only a couple of finishing touches and some pwad merging. You can't miss it if you check your e-mail inbox often, suddenly, it's just there.

I check mine at least ten times a day. Won't be a problem for me.

Looking forward to it.

You should all have received the level now. All but you Mancubus II. Sorry, but I'm having problems mailing it to you. It won't accept your e-mail adress. Any suggestions?

c-cooper said:

You should all have received the level now.

Got the hefty file. I'll give it a whirl soon.

I got it. Played it. Loved it.

Took me 51:11 to beat it! Insanely difficult on UV. I won't give away
any details about it, except that it is MASSIVE and it's very fast paced.

I'll email you tomorrow with details about bugs and whatnot.

c-cooper said:

You should all have received the level now. All but you Mancubus II. Sorry, but I'm having problems mailing it to you. It won't accept your e-mail adress. Any suggestions?

i got it to him.

boris said:

Manc probably fucked up his mailserver >:)

OMG I IS TEH PWN'D

Yeah, um, i didn't realize what email address I provided. I'm having issues with the dns server at the moment.

You may send it to mike@rdresearch.com

Thanks

umm, are we allowed to jump? because i think i'm stuck otherwise and just now noticed i could jump to get where i've been trying to get to for the last hour $*!$

EDIT: or at least i thought i could.. maybe not, heh. someone mind PMing me some help? i've been searching for nearly an hour trying to find out how to get the blue or yellow key.

Hey SargeBaldy, just e-mail with me the problem, and it should amaze me if I couldn't help. I know it can be hard to find the blue key, mainly because it's such a long walk to it. Maybe that's what's confusing you. The yellow key is the last of the three to find. Generally, I'd rather you all e-mail me with problems than discussing them here on this thread ;-)

I recorded a nomonsters walkthrough demo of it. I can post it if c-cooper
doesn't mind.