Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

11th map in the Blind Alley series for Doom 2. "Necrophobia"

A very fun play with real decent scenery. No port required. Might be the nicest looking of the series so far.

Under normal play I do not consider it a hard play in UV. You will never have to hunt for ammo in there, that is the least of your problems. The skill levels may come in handy until you learn the map. UV on this map is however aimed at the experienced player. Like most maps, it gets harder as you push for time.

Feedback and/or demos always appreciated.

Legacy UV max demo of the level included in the zip file.

Now get busy, the carnage is waiting!!

BndalyV.zip
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/newstuff/
or
http://www.gamers.org/pub/idgames/levels/doom2/a-c/bndalyv.zip

Give it a try and post some feedback.

I love that rounded-cage HK room! very nice.
and your texture alignment is spot on -- looks fantastic. :)
Necrophobia? makes me think of Scuba_Steve. :P

DEMOn said:

Necrophobia? makes me think of Scuba_Steve. :P

I don't get it.

Demon: That's necrophelia, not necrophobia. Necrophobia is fear of death or the dead, a great title for a Doom map considering the zombie connection.

Note the "phobia" on the end. It works the same way with other words. Hydrophobia is the fear of water, for example. HydroPHELIA, however, is the love of water.

Sometimes it's hard to remember which opposite is which, though, so I can understand the mistake.

Thanks Guys. I did spend a bit of time on the texture aligments. Even my older maps are pretty good in that aspect. They just aren't as nice as my current maps.

This one is a blast. Been playing much of the day today to ready some demos for the DSDA. Pretty nice looking too.

You should be sure and give this one a try. It is not as hard as some of the others.

Ultraviolet said:

Demon: That's necrophelia, not necrophobia. Necrophobia is fear of death or the dead, a great title for a Doom map considering the zombie connection.

Note the "phobia" on the end. It works the same way with other words. Hydrophobia is the fear of water, for example. HydroPHELIA, however, is the love of water.

Sometimes it's hard to remember which opposite is which, though, so I can understand the mistake.

I know I know. I was once again trying to make a joke.

Hey, nice looking map and it plays well!

Check Opulent's DSDA for my lmp. :)

Ultraviolet said:

Opulent: I don't get it, you didn't even post on that subject...

DEMOn is me at work... or more exactly me IN the workplace. :)

as for bndalyv -- played through it a few times for demo reasons, tough map to optimize. fun everytime though... only found 1 secret on my own. :)

Rich said:

Hey, nice looking map and it plays well!

Check Opulent's DSDA for my lmp. :)

Rich, Thanks much for the demo I love to watch good players roll over the bad guys like a freight train. Makes the mapping worthwhile.

Opulent said:

as for bndalyv -- played through it a few times for demo reasons, tough map to optimize. fun everytime though... only found 1 secret on my own. :)

Opulent glad you enjoyed it. I didn't think the secrets were at all hard to spot. Of course I put them in, and so have a bit of an advantage.

Like most of my maps, built for max and not so much for speed. Max runs are good too ;)

Rich's demo may be as close as it gets on optimized runs/routes.

Opulent said:

Why do you have 2 accounts if you can use them both? Makes no sense to me.

zarcyb said:

Why do you have 2 accounts if you can use them both? Makes no sense to me.

at the time, I was at work and couldn't remember the password for Opulent; now I recall both. :)
sorry for having 2 accounts... certainly not the only person here who has more than one.

and I recommmend the demos for bndalyv, great way to see the map!