Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dsm

Well, well, comix time

After seeing Job's hopeful attempt at doing comics based on DW characters I felt like posting some comics BBG did, which I added my own mark on - namely by turning the weird figures into simple fishies instead, and as to why they're simple, it's just a matter of me not wanting to spend more time on these than absolutely necessary.

Anyways, here ya go:

Railgunner - Part 1: OMG! (Railgunner at his best!)
Railgunner - Part 2: 1337 moderation sk1llz! (Wtf?)
Railgunner - Part 3: Everybody Hates Me :~( (Oh boo hoo)

The Woolie Situation (Sir, we have a situation)

I think the fishes really added to the comic. Nice work.

I'll try to see it later. Another bout with Intranet Exploder. :P

Sorry guys, while I was asleep, somebody turned off the computer and left it off, so my Apache2 server wasn't running, making the comics inaccessible. They're up now, obviously.

Well, I've learned a valuable lesson by both seeing these good comix and scarring you folks with my lousy comix. ...I should leave the comixing to those with skills.

ravage said:

Or just improve on your skillz.

That'd work too. :D I guess I just have to observe the unusual animal that is the DW forum-goer. Heh.

Dammit! I can't read what the Characters are saying once it finished loading up! Stoopid IE5 update!

*pouts* Maybe I can read them on the other computer . . .

Rotting Corpse said:

LOL! BBG realy hates nailgunner.

Non-historicism alarm! (Oh, it was before you started hanging out here so you are forgiven).

None of us have anything against Nailgunner.

Railgunner, however, was a different issue. Basically he was criminally dumb. He honestly tried to be of use, but managed to fuck up anyway because if his utter lack of skill in anything. Also he was too dumb to completely grasp what behaviour was tolerated on these forums. He was finally banned when his dad convinced him to harvest email adresses here for him. So, it's basically a poor stupid kid with a jerk of a dad.

Woolie Wool was stupid in the same fashion as Railgunner. Where Railgunner had the saving grace that he was never deliberately malicious Woolie Wool was of the conservative sort. That sort of conservatism that only thrives in the middle and south parts of USA.

Since these forums are full of europeans, college students and slightly countercultural types he managed to infuriate the majority.

Railgunner had very few friends here. Woolie Wool had none.

Esco would have been proud of that fish caricature.

The "DW" fish in the second frame of the first comic looks stoned out of it's mind. Is that supposed to mean something?

OMG that shit's hilarious, the one with esco is the best.
Really great facial expressions there.

Guardian said:

Dammit! I can't read what the Characters are saying once it finished loading up! Stoopid IE5 update!

*pouts* Maybe I can read them on the other computer . . .

That sounds like the way it works for me - just point your mouse cursor over the image and wait a few ticks. An icon should appear down at the bottom right corner of the pic. Click on it, and you'll get the full-size image.
It might take you a few tries to actually hit that damn icon, because it has a nasty habit of disappearing very quickly after you begin to move the mouse.
And yes, I think it's a pain in the ass - damn thing that Micro$oft hasn't had its ass kicked for it and many other crimes against humanity.

Don't forget his Slige "megawad".

Heh, I tried to get BBG to do a figure comic about Woolie fool and that SLIGE situation (which I would later update), but BBG was short on funny ideas and I suck at coming up with funny jokes so it never reached the surface.

Esco would have been proud of that fish caricature.

The "DW" fish in the second frame of the first comic looks stoned out of it's mind. Is that supposed to mean something?

Esco might've been proud of the fishie charicature itself, but probably not of the fact that the comic makes fun of him :-)

As for the DW fishie, you guys look too much at stoned people - he wasn't supposed to look stoned, he's just raising an eyebrow, wondering what the heck is so special about RG's dad finding a "1337" computer, but that should be pretty obvious :-P
I suppose you're referring to the shades in his eyeballs? Yeah well, I intended to make all eyeballs complete with shades, but somehow forgot about it and after the comic was put up, I didn't bother to get it fixed. It was really just a matter of extra (completely useless) detail.

And here's some useless "behind-the-scenes" stuff, just for the fun of it:
1. I made the characters into fishies, because I felt that that was a uniquely DW'ish characteristic with all those Members having fish avatars and whatnot.
2. The Woolie Wool fishie is not completely a product of my own imagination: during his "massakres" on the DW forums, Woolie asked me to do a fishie for him. He wanted a fishie that looked like a sheep with an evil face. I initially thought that it could be fun to make that one, but quickly decided that Woolie sure as Hell didn't deserve that I dedicated a couple of hours work to him. I guess he got me in the end, witnessed by the Woolie comic ;-)
3. The n00b fishie is supposedly my standard n00b fishie - had BBG made more comics involving n00bs, you can bet your hairballs that they would all have been light grey fishies with big, rollin' eyes and rodent teeth.

*has actually managed to look at the comix*

LOL

Why is my bed all sticky?

Eeww!

Esco and Railgunner must really suck if that's necessary.

*happy gasp* Oh! Many thanks DSM! :-D

EDIT:
Having read . . . *snickering hysterically* Foony! Even though I have no clue who most of the people involved are! But that's okay! I read the little history, heh.

Though I do have one question, and yes you may flame me for my ignorance . . . But what does REOL stand for?

King ReOl; Delusions of Grandeur, while wallowing in the pits. IOW, he's an idiot.

Guardian said:

*happy gasp* Oh! Many thanks DSM! :-D

Heh, thanks, but erhm, what about BBG? He's the master behind the kickass jokes - had it not been for him, these comics would suck bigtime, Hell, these comics wouldn't even be around without him. I just added the dot over the 'i' ;-)

Oh and here's some DW'er history:
Railgunner: a kid with a really low IQ (to put it nicely). I made him an avatar, which looks almost identical to the railgunner fishie in this comic (only it was more detailed like all my fishie avatars "children"), though in hindsight I think I'm an idiot to have wasted time doing that.
Railgunner was made famous by his completely pointless thread about how his dad "found a 1337 computer", and by the fact that he would whine in AL-CAPS about how depressed he was that everybody hated him.
Oh yeah, and I believe there was something about him wanting to be a Moderator really bad.

Esco: A very popular and well-known DW Member in his time. Famous for his Ghetto speak, and greatly disliked by one wing of DW for his tendency to explode in flames involving the sentence "YOU BE A HATARRR, MOTHAFUCKA!!!" whenever somebody politely asked him to translate his ghetto speak to normal English.
Banned countless times, because Ling got pissed about his Ghetto speak tendency (as he said, it made Esco look stupid, and gave guests the impression that all doomers were that stupid - and he didn't allow that to degenerate his site), until the majority of the Mods got fed up with him, discussing what to do with him in a thread in what was then called the Admin Forum and Ling shared their sentiment.

It ended with Esco's permanent ban, but a lot of pro-Esco people bitched a lot about that.

P.S. here's the the thread that was posted in the Admin Forum which was ultimately posthelled, so that everyone could see the discussion (esco was even allowed into the Admin forum to see what the "Big Guys" thought about him as an attempt to teach him a lesson and give him a chance to understand - obviously he didn't).

Woolie Wool: A big arse. This chump went on and on about how the US "is the best place on Earth" and how it does no evil at all, among some of his many political views that, *ahem* weren't shared by the majority of the Members. Talk about a US Nazi, and you've got Woolie Wool.
Another of the things that made him famous in the negative department was him pimping his SLIGE Megawad. SLIGE is a program that automatically makes DOOM maps for you, but this sorry kid kept promoting this megawad as if he had put hours of hard work into it, while in truth he had only made a program do it for him. What a damn cheater.

King ReOl: Another arse. I don't know him too well, but I've been told several times that he was generally a total jerk and the few posts by him I HAVE seen, strongly support this claim. He is said to have been banned from the somethingawful forums, which is no small feat.
And I mean, just by looking at his cRAzY cApS nick, you can tell he's a brickhead. Actually, I think a brick would be smarter than him if he has managed to infuriate this many, but that's just my opinion.

dsm said:

Woolie Wool: A big arse. This chump went on and on about how the US "is the best place on Earth" and how it does no evil at all, among some of his many political views that, *ahem* weren't shared by the majority of the Members. Talk about a US Nazi, and you've got Woolie Wool.
Another of the things that made him famous in the negative department was him pimping his SLIGE Megawad. SLIGE is a program that automatically makes DOOM maps for you, but this sorry kid kept promoting this megawad as if he had put hours of hard work into it, while in truth he had only made a program do it for him. What a damn cheater.

http://www.doomworld.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10109&highlight=slige+megawad <- hahah

King ReOl: Another arse. I don't know him too well, but I've been told several times that he was generally a total jerk and the few posts by him I HAVE seen, strongly support this claim. He is said to have been banned from the somethingawful forums, which is no small feat.
And I mean, just by looking at his cRAzY cApS nick, you can tell he's a brickhead. Actually, I think a brick would be smarter than him if he has managed to infuriate this many, but that's just my opion.

http://www.somethingawful.com/cranky/index.php?review=104
The review of one of his maps. I wonder where he post now after doomcenter died total.

Torn said:

I wonder where he post now after doomcenter died total.

idgames.net I think.