Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Alboroto

About games

What's the best game (besides Doom) you've ever played?
To me all the magaman's are great, and the resident evils, and some other to be posted later on...

Turrican was the best. I liked pretty much everything on the Commodore64 because I was easily pleased back then. I love so many games, but to name just a few: Alone in the dark, Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon (Multiplayermode!), Megaman, Snake rattle 'n roll, Halflife, Quarantine, Destruction Derby, etc. etc. etc.

I loved the MGSs and the Final Fantasies, but Sonic the Hedgehog (I, II, III, and Sonic and Knuckles) will always be a classic set.

In terms of sheer play value in hours, Diablo II (pre Expansion Pack disaster), Stunts, SimCopter, Diablo, Epic Pinball.

AndrewB said:

In terms of sheer play value in hours, Diablo II (pre Expansion Pack disaster), Stunts, SimCopter, Diablo, Epic Pinball.

LOD is a disaster? WTF kinda crack are you on?

I dunno.

Baldur's Gate 2 is an awesome game, so is UFO Enemy Unknown, I'm a great fan of Xenon 2. Alpha Centauri has one of the coolest settings. The Keen series are damn fine platformers. Little Big Adventure 2 is a cool action/adventure game. Prince of Persia is one of the coolest games to fit a single double density disk uncompressed. Shadow of the Beast has the best music of any game I know.

Besides DOOM? DOOM II, obviously.

pre-Doom: Chess (heh, you didn't say computer games only), Lemmings
post-Doom: Unreal, Half-Life

Oh god, too many to mention. Here are some (in no particular order):

Lemmings, Turrican, Magic Pockets, Cannon Fodder, Ultima Underworld, Dungeon Master, Descent, Total Annihilation, C&C, Diablo, Dungeon Keeper, Heroes of Might & Magic (2 & 3), Hexen, Morrowind, Neverwinter Nights, Baldur's Gate, Sonics, Rampart, Space Invaders, Head Over Heels, Xenon II, Bubble Bobble.... and the list goes on.

Yes, Black Isle games ('cept NWN...blech), (post Doom) Unreal Tournament - not UT2K3, the MGSs, Metroids, some Golden Axes, the Splatterhouses, the Contras, Castlevanias, some of the Legacy of Kain games, Tecmo's Deception...just to name a few.

Diablo 2, Final Fantasy Tactics, Postal 2, Quake, and of-course Counterstrike.

Hexen (including Deathkings of the Dark Citadel and the one I'm working on), Quake 2 (including Ground Zero and Reckoning), Heretic (working a new map), Baldur's Gate 2, Diablo 2 expansion, Blood, Elite Force sometimes, Duke Nukem 3D, Shadow Warrior, and Alice every so often.

Damn, thats a tough question.
Time for a BIG LIST!

Sonic series
Mario series
Metroid series (havent played Prime)
Castlevania series (havent played the last two though)
Earthworm Jim
FF5
Chrono Trigger
Silent Hill 1 and 2
Tyrian
Resident Evil series (seems to be going downhill unfortunately)
Metal Storm (for the NES)
Half-Life (*Awaits assault from AndrewB* :P)
Maniac Mansion
OREGON TRAIL

I'm sure I'll come up with more later.

Edit: Almost forgot Out of this World and Flashback. Damn those were great.

Predoom: Mario, Sonic, WWF games, zelda, tekken, aliens trilogy, MK, Tomb raider.

After doom: Quake (BTW Graveney sux, if someone from there is reading this), Duke nukem, metal gear solid, tenchu, unreal, half life, C & C, X-men: COTA, destruction derby 2, Final Fantasy 7, even Bustamove 3.

Oh yeah and Resident evil 2.

Doom is still the clear favourite after all these years. ^_^

Lord FlatHead said:

X-Com UFO Defense. Best PC game ever alongside Doom.

I agree. That game is proof that turnbased != boring.

C&C series, Heroes of Might and Magic series (although the fourth sucks), Phantasy Star IV, Thunder Force series, Arcanum, Morrowind...

beside, doom...hmm lemmethink

Ultima 7...and I kinda enjoy the eighth Ultima, too. Clive Barker's Undying was one of the best games that came out after 2000. Baldur's Gates are fucking awesome. Morrowind.