Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mordeth

Doom Pictures Thread 2022

10 hours ago, Lutz said:

Two questions:

- Are you using some sort of shader or new palette?

- I swear I recognize that sky background -- is it from Castlevania or something?

1. I used Pal-Plus by Sigvatr which is a palette mod.

2. I dunno, wad is "D64D2.wad" in Map 12.

And other things that i've loaded are Hellbar (comes with D64D2), PSXDoom.wad (without loading it's .deh), and my old weapon mod.

image.png

I swore I'd never have a need for the original PS1 Doom again after playing PsyDoom. Then I found out Duckstation has achievements for Doom and Final Doom...

16 hours ago, Omniarch said:

Been doing a bit of COMP-derived visual prototyping:

RDB28pw.png

kJUXcIC.png

8YRcBNW.png

CfCb0x6.png

Oh my God these shots, especially with that sky texture have hit some nerves I already forgot I had. Such an insane cityscape, and your use of space is phenomenal!

Do you have a definitely texture set as a source or created something yourself?

On samedi 12 novembre 2022 at 12:40 PM, Axuris said:

JTH2 MAP28 - Doom Stadium

Screenshot_Doom_20221112_123912.png.dec0243cb9d059928e8dc66cd4e2ca29.png

SNOWƎᗡ

25 minutes ago, Katamori said:

Oh my God these shots, especially with that sky texture have hit some nerves I already forgot I had. Such an insane cityscape, and your use of space is phenomenal!

Thank you :) Interestingly, the sky is a colour remapped and vertically inverted version of a Mechadon skybox. I wanted to make it feel like the inside of a giant alien god computer, and am quite pleased with the result.

29 minutes ago, Katamori said:

Do you have a definitely texture set as a source or created something yourself?

This texture scheme is my own creation, though the assets themselves are mostly from the original public TNT2 resource wad (if memory serves) and the Useful Flats pack from R667.

I'm gonna re-release my psx-style maps for gzdoom/zandronum very soon. Already fixed many bugs

Screenshot_Doom_20221118_165153.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221118_165220.png

Screenshot_Doom_20221118_165141.png

Edited by Dantosking

Esselfortium KDIZID shots

Ok... what kind of wizardry is going around in the first screenshot?

How the fuck is possible making reflecting floors in vanilla engine?

For the translucent floors in the second shot and the one used in MAP01 i think to understand there's some mid-textures magic going around with 1 width sizes textures, maybe? I don't know if this is just edited flats, but i can't believe this option.

On 11/19/2022 at 6:02 AM, Touchdown said:

Crazy map.

[recovered_image_020] | Gossip thread

Jesus. I am sure if you tried to run this on an old 486 back in the day the CPU would melt. Crazy good.

DOOM0001.png

Me trying to create a fake translucent 3D sector using my own theory of mid-textures magic, but i'm not that magical enough guys.

Also turns into HOM cinematic universe when i test this this thing on chocorenderlimits. test room (doom 2)

Edited by Walter confetti

On 11/20/2022 at 4:43 PM, Walter confetti said:

For the translucent floors in the second shot and the one used in MAP01 i think to understand there's some mid-textures magic going around with 1 width sizes textures, maybe? I don't know if this is just edited flats, but i can't believe this option.

Its midtextures, inverted, recolored red, and dithered to give the appearance of fading away, which are bleeding through the floor. It’s ingenious quite frankly.

On 11/20/2022 at 11:43 PM, Walter confetti said:

For an early example of the midtex overdraw trick for reflections, check out https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/levels/doom2/deathmatch/m-o/mcfearsm from '96. Nowhere near as good as KDIKDIZD though, the recolouring and dithering really sell it.