Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lavarn

Swimming feature in zdoom...

I thought the new underwater feature that was added (don't know when, but I first played it in zdoom) was a cool idea, and I've seen it in a lot of different maps. But am I the only one that thinks the doom guy should be able to hold his breath for way longer than like 15 seconds?
I mean I guess it is more realistic this way...but it pretty much forces water parts to be short and not that interesting. This is probably because you can't put enemies under water and have it work (but I'm not sure on that). Still, I think it would be really cool if you could design underwater caverns and stuff and not have to constantly worry about coming to the surface for air. Say like a minute or so before you start losing health. I don't know, just an idea...

Radiation suits act as rebreathers, allowing you to stay under for a minute without drowning (a lot more than just 10 seconds). My ZDoom episode takes advantage of this in some of it's maps.

You can put enemies underwater, but for realism's sake only flying monsters (lost soul, caco, pain elemental) can be used. (they can also can breathe underwater)

The Doomguy doesn't need to hold his breath long because he runs at like 90 MPH, and even though AFAIK the friction is different underwater, the speed is still the same or very close.

The doom guy shouldn't have to hold his breath, he's in a space-suit :P

ultraviolet, please stop reviving 20+ day old threads

I noticed that about radiation suits. I rather thought it sucked, because I had one to prevent radiation damage and noticed it kept you from drowning and I said "that sucks."

ultraviolet: well check the date next time or something :P

nanami: you say that a lot :P