Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dynamo

User Ghastly has passed away

Incredibly sorry to hear that. I vaguely remember crossing paths with Ghastly on here back in the short time he was active. And having some part in a work like Luantic is a high honor indeed. I agree with your sentiment Dynamo and I appreciate highlighting the work he'd done to help honor him.

Looking through his profile I came across this thread, I wonder how that event went. If it were a different time and I'd seen the thread i'd maybe have tried to make it there.

Thank you for highlighting his contributions and endless enthusiasm Dynamo, especially for people like me who never got to cross paths with him. Rest in peace, Ghastly.

Damn, Ghastly was one of the old-school ZDoom/skulltag era modders, popped up on the scene about the same time I did. Pour one out, folks.

That is awful, i never got a chance to interact with him, but i was well aware of his work around the community and i even used some of his custom monters, i think it's true that such contributions are often overlooked and taken for granted in the community and they really deserve recognition.

My deepest condolences to his loved ones, and may he rest in peace.

Edited by DMPhobos

Not familiar with the man or his work, but hearing of someone dying before their time is never pleasant. My sympathies to all who knew him.

Ghastly Dragon? That's a name I remember quite well.

Like DMPhobos, I never interacted with him personally, but I am aware of their work and even looked into their work to learn some Decorate myself. Sad to see him pass away.

A community this big and this long-lived is going to have a few losses but it's never a good feeling when it happens. And Ghastly was behind a lot of innovations in modding.

While i never interacted with the man directly, I'm aware of his work and contributions to the community, and his long-standing presence in the ZDoom side of the comunity, nevertheless every untimely death is tragic but at least he passed away peacefully and painlessly. May he rest in peace.

Dang it. There goes a character.

Died in their sleep atleast means they likely did not had much suffering.

Slay those demons in the afterlife Ghastly. RIP.

I am shocked and saddened. I will always remember him. I'm at loss for words really. RIP Ghastly.

I remember people saying he was probably already dead when someone was asking about people not around any more. Something seemed a little odd there though. And this is why. RIP

Very unfortunate as despite never interacting with him, I was well aware of his contributions of some of his custom ZDoom DECORATE monsters.

RIP Ghastly :(

Like many others here I never knew him, and somehow never heard of him either, but I may or may not have seen some of his work on the area of custom monsters (I downloaded and played around with a lot of those some time ago and never bothered to check the credits...) so may he rest in peace.

Damn! I am very sorry to hear that. I remember talking to Ghastly Dragon back around 2010-2011. I met him occasionally on some Skulltag servers and even talked with him a few times on IRC. And also on the Realm667 forums. He even taught me a couple things about DECORATE whenever I asked him with creating custom monsters and weapons in ZDoom.

RIP Ghastly!

Ghastly is someone i never got know well, but his name is someone i frequently came across in the ZDoom forums ever since i got there. Contributed a ton in the community.

Rest in Peace. 

His contributions to custom monsters probably can never be measured, I've seen his name in numerous credits. I never got to know, but may he rest in peace.