Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
[name_withheld]

Backyard Wrestling, Yay!

Well, what do you, the humble reader, think of Backyard Wrestling? It seems to be entering a new form of media: videogames. With the new Backyard Wrestling game coming out for PS2 and X-Box, you can control several no-name brawlers, some actual wrestlers and the Insane Clown Posse. But I'm not talking about the game, I'm talking about Backyard wrestling in general. I, myself, find nothing wrong with it as long as all the people involved are willingly risking their lives (and properly trained) to entertain blood-crazed spectators. I even have my own Backyard Wrestling organization, but that too is not the point. What do you think of Backyard Wrestling?

I know some people who run a backyard wrestling organization. And I think it's fine. The focus isnt really on the fighting, but more on the prefight trash talk and the fake characters. It's quite a riot.

I see it as a way to entertain people, but more in a violent way since that's what most of the people I know are into. But we do have trash-talking and story lines and all that good stuff. The violence, IMO, should come second and let the characters come first. It's too bad the other members of my Backyard Wrestling organization don't see it that way (all four of them). I'm currently recruiting more wrestlers and attempting to build an actual ring (two dudes wrestling around on the ground doesn't sound very pleasant to me).

I used to wrestle not in my backyard, but in a rectangular patch of grass in my Complex a few years back. Every kiddie that was willing to wrestle, joined in. I wrestled there for 5 years, which was how long I lived there, and was undefeated throughout the whole time too. :D I won in the armwrestling too. We had tournaments, I wasnt the biggest one there, but I did quite well. I once had a 3 on one against me. Me against my brother, and two others, they all planned an attack and ran at me, they all jumped on me but I threw them all off and was like "Arghhhh" and quite frankly, I looked like I was ready to kill. Once I looked at one of them when they got up, he gave up, then the other right after him, then my brother gave up. It was kinda boring for a bit since no one would fight me cause they thought I was psycho or something and since I hadn't been beat once, they thought I was good or something. I got injured but nothing to serious; a few bleeding noses, brusies, I was stunned for a few minutes cause I was hit in the back of the neck by a knee, and I tore my ears many times. Ahh good times good times... :D

Well, no wrestling in a backyard fed, but I have wrestled (by choice and by chance) in backyards / streets / high school parking lot / field and pretty much whooped ass, since it is hard for people to take me down, except Chewy (my friend Matt), who just fucking clobbers my knees until I can't take it anymore and fall. Anyway, for the most part, I like it, especially the times when I least expect to be having a brawl :-P

I used to wrestle with my friends all the time when we were little. One friend in particulatr I could never wrestle except when he kicked me in the nuts. Then I'd take him down like that.

KingKill33 said:
...new Backyard Wrestling game coming out for PS2 and X-Box, you can control several no-name brawlers, some actual wrestlers and the Insane Clown Posse...

Man, the SA goons are going to have a field day with this.

I used to wrestle, like two years ago. We used to dive on to each other from tables and we used to nick road signs from the dump, we basically kicked the living shit out of each other all day long.
One of my friends tried a move on this big guy, who reversed it and ended up out putting my friend through a board of MDF and breaking his collar bone. Another time we gored an annoying baustard and sent him tumbling down a ditch, that broke his arm.
Wrestling is still cool though I hope I can get my federation back on!

the_Danarchist said:

I used to wrestle with my friends all the time when we were little. One friend in particulatr I could never wrestle except when he kicked me in the nuts. Then I'd take him down like that.

I laugh when people kick me in the nuts. The most painful move ever done to me was the piledriver, damned people don't know (or they don't care) that you're supposed to keep the person's head a couple inches above the ground when you do it. Needless to say I kicked the crap out of the guy.