Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Shapeless

Doomworld Sucks!

It seems that when someone posts something stupid in a different thread. it gets deleted. so as to not kill the thread.

But people start posting bullshit on my thread. and one of the mods comes in a deems it stupid. I'm not responsible for peoples posts. is it my fualt if they post coments such as 'Meh!' over and over?

what was wrong with my theory of the Mancubus being feline? I'm not saying it's a kitten, all I'm saying is it's a mutant, with some feline resemblence. If the post really is stupid why not just let it sink?

Doomworld is great because of it's strong oldschool community. but it's bullshit like this that makes me not feel like posting.

And you can be sure this thread will end up in Post Hell very soon.

Not yet. Let's wait for some responses first, but if they turn out to be as stupid as I think they will be...

Shapeless most of the time your posts are nonsence. You talk about the rely stupedist things. People on the fourm dont find it funny. We all know you dont have any mind powers. Stop posting useless crap and pretending you an X-men. We are here to talk about Doom,Games and Life. If what your going to post cant be put into those catigorys dont post. Doom world donst suck. People like you do.

The formula is simple, where c = forum member, t = silly thread, p = number of silly posts subsequently made, PH is Post Hell and M = moderator tolerance you have.

c + t (p) = x

If x>M then PH + t = PH + 1.

Shapeless said:

It seems that when someone posts something stupid in a different thread. it gets deleted. so as to not kill the thread.

But people start posting bullshit on my thread. and one of the mods comes in a deems it stupid. I'm not responsible for peoples posts. is it my fualt if they post coments such as 'Meh!' over and over?

what was wrong with my theory of the Mancubus being feline? I'm not saying it's a kitten, all I'm saying is it's a mutant, with some feline resemblence. If the post really is stupid why not just let it sink?

Doomworld is great because of it's strong oldschool community. but it's bullshit like this that makes me not feel like posting.

And you can be sure this thread will end up in Post Hell very soon.

Because you posted twice about the same STUPID thing.

I'm complaining mostly about my doom related threads go to hell. they claim to dump'em there because people post nonsence. but when I sometimes post nonsence on other threads the mods just delete it, unstead of deeming the whole thread nonsence and dumping it in post hell. I don't care that the threads about my mind power went to post hell, because I got enough responces. But what was wrond with the feline mancubus thread? does it not have some feline features?

I agree, remember when I sent that post about me seeing stuff?
Turns out I was just tired.

In Shapeless's defense, sure the mind power thing was warpped, but the other stuff was either asking for an opinion or was itself an opinion.
I think we should respect each others opinions.

Of course, the problem with that second thread could have been some of the 'responses'.

Shapeless said:

But what was wrond with the feline mancubus thread? does it not have some feline features?

No. It's nonsense, like you said.

darknation is alive and well (but disappointed), despite your promises to turn his bowels into a cancerous lump.

Also, threats of impotence have not been carried out. In fact, he has masturbated on average 25% more per day since the challenge was issued.

I call thee out Shapeless.

Look, your posts were, at best, interesting. Though a less generous individual may call them stupid. There is a fine line between creative/interesting/relevant and stupid. I'm afraid you've pissed all over that line then dragged your ass across it. Try to make more relevant or less fux0red posts. There's largely an equal opportunity chance for live when it comes to decent threads.

I'm sort of curious why that first Mancubus thread was killed.

Ichor said:

I'm sort of curious why that first Mancubus thread was killed.

My prognosis: dumb images

Well, in my time on the Doomworld forums, I can only recall one thread that I started that went to hell. That was when I was still new and it was indeed a dumb/pointless post. But then you could argue that I don't start threads very often, I usually reply to other's threads that interest me. Some times (like now, possibly) I may come across as rather dumb, but the policy I try to follow is, "When you have nothing to say, say nothing". I find it pretty annoying when a bunch of people jump onto a thread that seems slightly dumb and all leave one word replies like "heh" or "omg".

<ends rant, puts on fire-resistant armor>

Jonathan said:

ANOTHER GODDAMNED IMAGE

Dude, where the hell do you get those?
Find me an image of that.

dont take it personally. everyone has their fare share of getting their posts sent to forum hell. no big deal. i have been around for a pretty long time, and i have had tons of my posts sent to doom hell. dont sweat it.

Jonny, cease the images, or the hippo shall be sent upon your ass. Look at this horrible footage we already have of someone else getting mauled. ph33r...

Dark Fox said:

Jesus, are you some sort gimmick?

I am bad at everything I do, I have no attention to detail and I'm an absolute tard.
/smacks my own face.

Janderson said:

I am bad at everything I do, I have no attention to detail and I'm an absolute tard.
/smacks my own face.

If read carefully it sounds sarcastic, so I will pull a George W. here and launch a pre-emptive strike mostly aimed at that angsty shapless one, and the Gimmick poster.

I dont see posting images after ever post as constructive thinking, but if that indeed is your max potential then I'm truely. That fact that your train of thought has ground down to being stuck in first gear is a clear indication that you are not the brightest color in the pallet of life.

So, I want you to try really hard. Try to say something constructive, orginal and intresting.
You will be rewarded by:
A. Being treated like a clear thinking, rational person.
B. Engage in a form of structured language known as English

Now, most likely you will throw my advice to the wind as there again this is only my personal opinion, but if you do use that you will for once sound like a adult and not a 1337 junkie 15 year old from SomethingAwful.com.

If anyone takes this as more a light hearted slap to the face then you are exactly the type of person I'm describing.

Shapeless raises good points. There is a definite inconsistency, to say the least.

I've seen these forums fluctuate dramatically in quality over the past 3 years. Going back and forth between a junkyard troll abandonsite, to a high-quality respectful and intellectual forum, about 3-4 times since its beginning. I wonder if it's over the cusp and heading down toward another cycle of heckivity.

Shapeless said:

Because the entire point of post hell is to be a place to send stupid threads?

Removing stupid replies from a stupid thread doesn't really help as more stupid replies will follow.
Perhaps you got stupid replies because your post was stupid? Did that thought ever occur to you?