Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
fodders

WMD? BIO Weapons? Who is the threat?

The United States Army has developed and patented a new grenade that it says can be used to wage biowarfare. This is in violation of the Biological Weapons Convention, which explicitly prohibits development of bioweapons delivery devices.

US Patent #6,523,478, granted on February 25th 2003, covers a "rifle launched non lethal cargo dispenser" that is designed to deliver aerosols, including according to the patentâs claims - crowd control agents, biological agents, [and] chemical agents..

The development of biological weapons delivery devices is absolutely prohibited - in any circumstance- by Article I of the 1972 Biological and Toxin Weapons Convention, to which the US is a party. There is no exemption from this prohibition, neither for defensive purposes nor for so called non-lethal agents.

" Hans Blix might have an easier time finding illegal weapons if he were inspecting near Baltimore instead of Baghdad," says biologist Jan van Aken from the Sunshine Project Germany, referring to the fact that two of the inventors work at the Army's Edgewood Arsenal north of Baltimore, Maryland. Other inventors work at an engineering firm in Orlando, Florida, where the US Special Forces operate from MacDill Air Force Base.

It's not funny guys! :P

The unites states always do whatever they want...
What's the surprise here.

I support the zombie warrior program.

So tell your Royal Navy buddies to invade the US already. You're doing no good sitting there and complaining.

IMJack said:

So tell your Royal Navy buddies to invade the US already. You're doing no good sitting there and complaining.

But what can we do other than sit around and complain, my dear friend?

Little Faith said:

But what can we do other than sit around and complain, my dear friend?

Depends on how much you're willing to give to the cause.

The US never holds true to a treaty for long. i mean come on, look what we did to the native americans. right now we are the only remaining superpower and thus we do what we want.
hell i am sure there is a ton of nasty inventions that are even worse.

IMJack said:

I did my 5 years IN the Royal Navy. Now outside pissing in :P