Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

More Masters of Doom

Over at Gamespy you can check out the final installment of the Masters of Doom excerpts, which covers Doom multiplayer and the final uploading of the shareware wad. There's also a nifty interview with a bunch of ex-id guys, namely John Romero, Tom Hall, Jay Wilbur, Sandy Peterson and Mike Wilson. Here's a small snip:

GameSpy: How would the industry be different if id had never happened?
John Romero: I can't really even guess [at] that answer because I feel that so much happened because of DOOM. I mean, it just changed *everything* ... the perception that the PC was a serious gaming system, multiplayer games were here to stay, 3D was the future of games, giving out demos was a great thing (back then there were no demos), and the fact that the content was so violent and shocking. It changed so much.

Also I noticed that the Gamespy Grudgematch is Doom vs Quake, so be sure to drop in a vote for Doom as well. Unless of course you like Quake better or something, you weirdo.

First post!

Also I noticed that the Gamespy Grudgematch is Doom vs Quake, so be sure to drop in a vote for Doom as well. Unless of course you like Quake better or something, you weirdo.

Heheh, yea, the whole world is crazy except us couple doomers :P
Nah, Doom is and stays cool, no quake is gonna change that, its a complete different game.

Gayspy is another subject... already nuff said :P

Meep, 4th. Heh, they got it wrong, Petersen not son. Also in one of the chapters the author calls nukeage plasma, ha.

Can't find the gamespy grudgematch...unless I missed it.

"back then there were no demos" - hmmmmm, romero's selective memory strikes again. /me has quite a lot of game magazines circa 1991-2, with coverdisks with demo versions on 'em...