Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
DaJuice

Doom Figures?

Does anyone know where I can find pics of Doom figures or sculptures? I mean like hand-painted ones, specifically the cyberdemon. I've googled like crazy but I couldn't find much.

Hehe, you weren't kidding. I typed in 'reaper minis cyberdemon' into google and it gave me one freakin link!! Thanks anyways though, they do have some other cool stuff.

Sorry, but Reaper Doom miniatures are not hard to find on ebay. If you try and seek from time to time you can get a nice collection with ease. Plus Reaper will release exactly this minis again (not only a rumor). The last mini I bought on ebay was my (meanwhile) 4th. Cyberdemon and I got him for only $5.50.

Ok, I should have been more specific. I need the pictures as reference for modeling in a 3d program, so if anyone has any pics of the cyberdemon in any form other than in-game, could you please share them?

... and it was because my mac was so great. Don't expect to get such a good deal with a PC. Oh no. NEVER.

Stupid relpy, Dashiva. I have not written that and I would not write such a crap.

DaJuice: I will send you some pics

http://doom.alcopop.org/pictures/reaper%20minatures/painted/
http://doom.alcopop.org/pictures/reaper%20minatures/painted/imp.png
http://doom.alcopop.org/pictures/reaper%20minatures/painted/imp2.png

no cyberdemons though.

As far as I know, they cancelled the Quake3 line of figures a while ago, probably after they realized how bad the game did.

Hmm, then the re-release maybe really has a hoax? Sad. Sorry agin for the false information, gruson :)

Anyway, those minis can be found. I got many minaiatures really cheap. The cheapest has been a blister of zombie marines at $1.00! Really, maybe ebay is a bit dry on reaper minis today, but they come up from time to time. For example I bought a set of 12 blistered figurines from a gameshop at $4.00 each. The two cyberdemons I got very cheap (since this is the highest priced character of the game). I found them by surprise, the auctions sufferd by wrong spelling, bad picture and false category. So I got one at $5.50 and the other at $14.99.

Plus I ever wondered why the arachnotron does not gets the same attention from reaper fans. It is also nicely sculpted and has had the same price as the cyb when it was new ($19.99). Those I got also cheap.

Actually ebay is an expensive place for all doom merchandize, since there is a guy around buying all and everything Doom even at the highest price. Maybe he has lots of money at his hands. I once got two and a half id anthologys on ebay at around $50.00 each. I think he would pay every price for any - he

The two cyberdemons I got very cheap (since this is the highest priced character of the game).

Are these cyberdemons the same ones they included in that Doom box set? I heard the ones id packaged with the trilogy were different than the reaper ones.

Hmm, the cyb is the only character I do not have blistered. The two in my Id Anthology copies are both the same. The other two cybs I got seperately are looking the same - no difference. But I think they once also came with an id anthology and the pre owner ripped the set appart :-

But I have been told by a hardcore miniature collector who runs a gameshop, that Reaper made more cyberdemon versions. They canceled their release.

This is from his email:

"I personally have the cyber-demon you spoke of (several actually).
I also have the first and second prototypes that were rejected by ID.
They were baron sized, and more minotaur looking. ID rejected the first one, so they quartered it and made it taller and broader. ID rejected that one too. They then started over and made the one you have."

The Trilogy (Depths of Doom) did not came with a miniature (but I am guessing you know this and it was just a typo)

Not like i'm trying to seem like a jerk or anything, but, isn't there better stuff to spend money on than doom miniatures? I mean, if peter could get it that cheap then I can sorta see why he would but geez, some people go out of their way for the silliest stuff... I have two things in my doom collection: Very important collectibles called DOOM 1 and DOOM 2: The PC games! (that is, unless you count source ports and a ton of downloaded levels as doom collectibles...). Hey, just my opinion. No flamers. And yea, I realize nobody here is spending hundreds of bucks on these things or begging a trade. Just look at this as a way to up my post count :)

some people go out of their way for the silliest stuff...

I see you're not very experienced when comes to stupid collectibles: ever hear of sports cards?

Yea, I know what you mean. I play Magic: The Gathering but I hardly ever spend over 10 bucks at a time on it. People take both sports cards and Collectible card games (pokemon especially, yuck) too seriously.

Well, in Magic's case, the cards are needed for playing the game. I'm talking about useless stuff that just sits around and serves no purpose other than making some person able to say "I have it". Doom figures I might buy because they could make cool decorations somewhere.

Well, in Magic's case, the cards are needed for playing the game. I'm talking about useless stuff that just sits around and serves no purpose other than making some person able to say "I have it". Doom figures I might buy because they could make cool decorations somewhere.

Good point about the doom figures. I can see those sitting on top of my PC or something :). But what I meant w/ magic is that i've met people who are fanatical about "playing" the game and spend hundreds of dollars on their decks.

Good point about the doom figures. But what I meant w/ magic is that i've met people who are fanatical about "playing" the game and spend hundreds of dollars on their decks.

Yeah, I know those types. I suppose in some cases it could be considered an investment, but I was excluding those few people from earlier comments.

I must confess, I spent way too much on the id Anthology, but it rocks and I feel it was worth it. Need to get some autographs on it now ;) I'd like to get the set of miniatures (such as the ones in Jon's pics). Cool stuff IMO.

i am sure with the release of the new doom, or maybey even the collectors edition, that ID will with someone else make doom figures. many game companies now days make figures for their games. ID did itwith quake2, maybey quake3. I got some of the figure from the game Alice and the quake2 ones

*Looks at the imp miniature picture* is it just me, or does the imp look starved to death? The detail is great, but.... looks like it hasn't had anything to eat for the longest time. It's still cool, but I think the real DOOM imps are considerably more well-fed.... *merks and ducks flying objects* I still like them though! I want to see if they made a bulldog demon... or a pain elemental. Anyone know?...

Blegh, I -did- find some Elemental pictures, but they were misnamed.... ever seen a Cacodemon with arms? And the forward-curved horns? And a Lost Soul in its mouth? Don't think so.... but no Bulldogs. *Sniffles*

Ahem, hello Red_Warrior and hello Dashiva (thanx for bringing up this thread again, btw). Got my e-mail, Red?
If pics of miniatures are needed by anyone, I could upload those somewhere, also pics of the cyp.