Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Asephilocity

This has probably been asked before, but what the hell

Are any new enemies confirmed besides the Chainsaw Zombie? I know that this is simply a remake of Doom 1, but does that mean the number of new enemies will be limited?

Don't interpret "remake" too literally - it's not going to be the same old Doom. I think it's safe to assume that Doom 3 will have a lot more different monsters.

I wasn't really concerned until I saw that USA Today thing.
When you have stuff like that, where are you gonna hide? ;^)

Old monsters redesigned:

- Imp
- Pinky Demon
- Revenant
- Hell Knight
- Lost Soul
- Mancubus
- Archvile

New Zombies / possessed humans:

- Worker Zombie (no weapons, comes in normal and fat size)
- Chainsaw Zombie
- Tentacle Commando
- Chaingun Commando

New monsters:

- Crawlers, Maggots, Scientists gone mad, who knows...

Tetzlaff said:

Old monsters redesigned:

- Imp
- Pinky Demon
- Revenant
- Hell Knight
- Lost Soul
- Mancubus
- Archvile

New Zombies / possessed humans:

- Worker Zombie (no weapons, comes in normal and fat size)
- Chainsaw Zombie
- Tentacle Commando
- Chaingun Commando

New monsters:

- Crawlers, Maggots, Scientists gone mad, who knows...

ALERT!!! Nitpickyness ahead:

You've forgotten the Baron o' Hell and the Cybiedemon - they're confirmed by id.
Also the chaingun commando isn't really a new enemy, he's a redesigned and vastly improved version of the commando/"Heavy weapon dude" in Doom 2, but I agree that the tentacle dope is a new guy.

Yeah, I forgot which unseen monsters have been confirmed by id. Also I´m sure the Cacodemon will return.

Right, the Chaingun Commando is based on Doom´s HWD, but together with it´s tentacle slashing companion it´s like a new monster type.

I'm still most interested in knowing how the Cacodemon will move around the confined walls. Its a big S.O.B. and seeing it suspended in air with this red haze will be really cool and intriguing IMO. At least one or two of the demons should be slightly bright (red). I'm also interested to know HOW in the hell a huge behemoth like the cyberdemon or the SMastermind can fit in those constricted hallways. Call it lack of imagination of whatever, but I can't seem to picture them in this new game at all. Maybe this way, when I do see it, I'll enjoy it more...

Yeah well they wouldn't fit in the cramped environment that the beginning of the original Doom had... there's bound to be more open areas later. The entire game is not going to be running through corridors.

It has been confirmed that you'll get to go to hell (they just havent made very much hell yet), the cybies will probably be there, or they could also be found in large store rooms/machinery rooms/spaceship hangars in the mars base

There is no reason to think that the whole game will take place in the UAC base that is featured in the short preview movies. Also there´s no reason to think that even the UAC levels will only contain cramped corridors. Remember that scene from the macworld tech demo with that impressive looking tech structure with the draw bridge, it has an impressive scale: http://www.doomworld.com/shots/macworld/07.jpg

http://www.doomworld.com/php/screenie.php?dir=/doom3_051303/&number=1

Doesn't look like "cramped spaces" and "narrow corridors" to me.

Oh yeah, yesterday I was slightly annoyed that I couldn't poke fun of all the whiners that bitched about cramped spaces in Doom 3 because I couldn't remember who they were.

Now I can pinpoint *one*: doomedout.
/Me pokes a lot of fun of doomedout and makes him look like a fool >:-P