Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ubik

Enough dwango5 already!

I'm sure this thread's been made before, or at least this issue's been raised... but damn, isn't anybody SICK TO DEATH of the dwango5 maps yet? 99% of the time I go on zDaemon, the only people playing are on dwango5 servers, and after you've played them a few times they're REALLY boring. There's plenty of other good WADs out there - the more recent tldsm2k3.wad is very good and makes for some fun gameplay, unlike the utterly tedious play of dwango5 map1.

*watches thread sail into post hell*

If I hear that MIDI that's used in map01 of D5 one more time I'm going to puke..

So a lot of people whined about how dwango5 is the king. How pitiful and sad! But you're right anyways... TLSDM2k3 rocks too...But whatever! Dwango5 ROCKS all!! Muhahahahahahaha it rocks! Besides, there are too many newbies (or victims of my BFG laming) that don't have a brain to make any other wad famous. So quit crying or do something about it =). Don't whine on the boards hoping someone will actually care (apart from the fact they might).

Dwango5 Map1 seems to be the "skill map" for most ports, and Map1 DooM2 being the "skill map" for DooM2.exe and orig DooM... but what's accepted is accepted, play more than one wad and play both or something :)
I play like 10-30 diff levels / wads and i never get sick of D5M1 and Map1 :D

So you think there would be enough interest to make a new DM megawad? I too am sick to death of those levels when I see so many great ones when I'm working on my review site.

Anyone think the community would go for making a BOOM-features-allowed DM megawad?

I'm making 3-5 DM maps for ZDoom, if you get a DM megawad together then I would be more than happy to contribute my maps. My DM maps have slopes, mirrors, silent transports and I'll be adding deep water effects as well.

Cadman - Member TeamTNT

Just wait until Technology Arena/Transfused Adrenaline comes out in Dec

d5m1 isn't the only great map from dwango5, other maps are great as well, feel free to try them out if you are bored with d5m1

It'd be nice to work on a BOOM compatible megawad as it could be used on all major online ports. Then there would be a quality mapset for all online play. Making it for BOOM would mean it would be compatible (for the most part) with all the different bot engines too.

I remember when i had Zdaemon in the beginging of the year Dwango5 was the only map I really played since it was the only map I could play on there. I am playing on Doom Connector right now and havent seen it since. I like the map though it just got old after the 300th time i played it lol.

I wanna see more greenwar.wad, and loads more coop servers!

Heh, I'm not on ZDaemon much, mainly cause of my Internet connection, but when I am on, it's always GetSomewhere.net's Dwango5 Map 1on1 server or FreeBSD Build or whatever Dwango5 map04 free4all, or some such gayness.
And what's with the complete lack of any Ultimate Doom games?

DooMBoy said:

Because most of the fragers on zdaemon have doom2.wad, heh.

Do any Zdaemon players actually like Ultimate Doom?

DooMBoy said:

Heh, I'm not on ZDaemon much, mainly cause of my Internet connection, but when I am on, it's always GetSomewhere.net's Dwango5 Map 1on1 server or FreeBSD Build or whatever Dwango5 map04 free4all, or some such gayness.

And about Ultimate Doom games, you mean DM servers, not coop, right? Or do you mean both? Or just coop?

Tai said:

It's cooler for SP/coop

Tai said:

And about Ultimate Doom games, you mean DM servers, not coop, right? Or do you mean both? Or just coop?

I meant both, actually. You'd think that people would like Doom, seeing as it's the game that came before Doom2, and it's a lot better, IMO, but I guess not. Since it has no SSG, that automatically rules it out as a viable DM game.

Tai said:

I happen to, and a friend of mine runs a UDoom server on ZDaemon sometimes, so I guess that makes two of us.

Oh, and I want to see a lot more dog-tag / wangotag / whatever-tag servers.