Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
999cop

Guess who's gonna win this year's E3 awards the most

being a shameless minion of halflife, I say halflife2

though the halo2 footage I saw was really fucking sweet

doom3 wins technology. halflife2 wins gameplay.

its like quake and duke3d all over again

I'd say doom3 generally. But since i've noticed from observation that large majority of HL fans are fps n00bs who don't know jack about the history of fps and dopn't respect the games who invebnted the genre then HL may have a better chance at being better.

But having said that, Doom had quite an impact it seemed over here, i remember all the posters and the how doom was on the video games shows on tv getting good ratings so there's still quite a chance
doom3 will own again.

Wait to DSM get's here to share his game wisdom.

And Halo 2 can go and jump in the lake.

You know what this topic has just brought up? How over here most general games nags have mentioned sod all about doom3 or hl2. All these game shows are always making a big deal about all these cheesy games (sims for example). What do we FPS fans get? NUFFIN That's what!

Half-Life 2, unless we get some spectacular new Doom 3 footage soon. Doom 3 undoubtedly looks amazing, but its still just a lone guy in a some dingy grey coridoors, shooting bipedal zombies and demons. In gameplay terms we've seem nothing to suggest it will be anything revolutionary. Half-Life 2 may not look as fantastic (although Valve might well say they chose larger environments and better physics over graphics) but it's gameplay features seem a lot more innovative, and frankly it still doesn't look that bad graphically.

I haven't seen the Halo 2 video so I can't comment on that.

Disorder said:

After seeing that new Halflife 2 movie, I say Halflife 2.

That's actually the worst HL2 movie. Unimaginative leveldesign and physics that might have looked great a year ago.
The IGN trailer for HL2 is much, much better. Good view on the city and nice examples of facial expressions and water effects. I wish I could post a link, but unfortunately the download site I used disappeared.

Doom3 is still much more impressive, IMO. Those lighting effects and creepy atmosphere are unbeatable.

WTH, there is absolutely no evidence in anywhere at all to suggest D3 is going to be less interactive comparing with HL2. The only impressive thing shown in HL2 movie is its physics and some smart AI, however it lacks of close-up exciting actions like in D3.

Rotting Corpse said:

Wow that looks hellacool. After seeing how you can interact with the inverment.I say half-life2.

Like I said earlier, that movie is nothing special. I pushed boxes around in the Doom3 alpha. The newer versions of the Unreal engine have those kind of physics as well.

And, geez, you can crush enemies with a falling object! It's not like I haven't seen that before in Quake2 or RTCW.

Doom3 looks techwise superior to Half Life 2, IMO. And I can't really judge the gameplay as there are no real game demos out yet.

BlueSonnet said:

I'd say doom3 generally. But since i've noticed from observation that large majority of HL fans are fps n00bs who don't know jack about the history of fps and dopn't respect the games who invebnted the genre then HL may have a better chance at being better.

I don't see what the hell any of this has to do with whether or not Half-Life 2 is judged to be the better game, which I believe was the point of this thread.

And you people who say you've seen the Half-Life 2 movies and aren't impressed, WTF? Did you watch all of them? Are you blind or possibly retarded? Doom 3 still looks cool and all but those Half-Life 2 videos were absolutely in-fucking-sane.

999cop said:

WTH, there is absolutely no evidence in anywhere at all to suggest D3 is going to be less interactive comparing with HL2. The only impressive thing shown in HL2 movie is its physics and some smart AI, however it lacks of close-up exciting actions like in D3.

Oh comon, look at the HL2 thread and take a look at those movies in that zipfile. There's a lot of interactivity going on in there. I haven't seen any of that in Doom 3 whatsoever. That doesn not imply that Doom 3 will not be a great game, it simply means that it will most likely not be as interactive as Halflife 2.

Linguica said:

I don't see what the hell any of this has to do with whether or not Half-Life 2 is judged to be the better game, which I believe was the point of this thread.

Oh i was just saying in terms of what the wee ones are gonna go for, not in terms of quality.

If you're looking for a general comment from moi on who will do better, then i have to say it's going to be quite a battle. Doom3 seems to be packing a better story, more originality and a cool powerful engine, but HL2 seems to be packing better models, better AI. At the end of the day i'm not a game expert so i can't really tell which is better. I just hope doom3 will do better.

As i said in another thread, i'd hate to see doom3 score less than 95% in pcgamer over here.

Half Life 2 probably.