Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Szymanski

No Multiplayer in DOOM3?

It's fake. It's not much more than a few days ago that they were saying that mp in Doom 3 is "really intense" - meaning that they've already put it in, tried it and reported that it is cool to play dm in Doom 3.

It has to be fake. The article even let's the reader believe that id Software is losing faith in it's own game. That of course is possible, but since there was positive news lately about both multiplayer and physics, I don't believe the article. Probably written by a fanboy.

=MACVILE \/\/HORE= you're the biggest twat in these forums, for the sake of humanity never breed.

Fake because Willits said in another article that doom3 multiplayer is really cool so far. And of course taking into consideration how Willits said that playing people over the net adds a great thrill to the game.

ok cool. It'd be better if id announced exactly what they intend to release, it'd kill misleading articles like this.

IIRC Willits said that becuase of the new engine multiplayer will be more intense because they'll have to worry about things like their shadow going down corridors.

Maybe i should try dm in tenebrae quake with an omicron bot or something.

Does that work? I might give it a go. I tried it with the reaper bot but it complained about invalid files (progs.dat IIRC). Still works with glquake tho.

Ah, thank goodness Doom 3 has multiplayer. I've been recently planning to make a MP mod but I couldn't choose between Half-Life 2 and Doom 3, and after watching the E3 trailer (especially that part with the chainsaw zombie, God was that intense) I really wanted to use Doom 3, but I didn't know if it would be suitable. That's solved now :D Anybody know any more details on D3 MP?

Not really. They say there will be at least 4 player deathmatch, but knowing Id they'll have 16 player deathmatch.