Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NiGHTMARE

Seven years of NiGHTMARE update

Here's what I currently have planned for my seven year anniversary as a member of this community (in July):

1) Revamped Darkening Episode 2 level. Better gameplay, more detail, etc.

Current status: not started (but it shouldn't take very long)

2) A large (300+) new texture pack featuring recoloured Doom 1 and 2 textures. It's a lot more interesting and useful for level makers than it sounds, with stuff like golden versions of all the silver textures, brown, grey and red versions of the TEKGRENx textures, rusty metal, etc.

Current status: 95% complete

3) My first ever released skin, complete with his own level. He's a Doom guy variant, created by copy 'n' pasting bits from various existing skins. He's called Titan, and the level is an E1-ish type thing called Titan Anomaly. A ZDoom compatible port will be required for the level.

Current status: 80% complete

4) A weapons mod which turns Doom into what I believe is the first ever FPBEU (work out what that stands for yourself ;) ). At least one level will be included with the initial release, although a second one is floating around my hard drive somewhere. ZDoom will be required as it makes use of Heretic + Hexen weapons (with "new" sprites).

Current status: 75% complete

In addition, I hope to have at least three levels finished for various big projects I'm involved in by the thime of 7YON, and will post screenshots in the update.

Ambitious.

I'm looking forward to seeing your stuff published. Good luck.

Swheet!!!!! ;)

Look forward to your Revamped Darkening Episode 2 level and that Titan jobby sounds interesting.

NiGHTMARE, 7 years old, one of the community's grand-fathers is still staying doomed :)

I'm just dooming for 3 years now and so I'm looking forward to another 4 years ;)

Lets not forget that people like Linguica and Mordeth have been around even longer :)

Not until Sunday, when I go home for good.

BTW, two hours and seven minutes until I officially finish university forever - woohoo!!!!! :)

NiGHTMARE said:

BTW, two hours and seven minutes until I officially finish university forever - woohoo!!!!! :)

I assume congratulations are in order (ie you have qualified). It's something to do with writing isn't it? (Journalism?) Any thoughts of actual career moves yet, or is simply finishing end enough in itself ATM?

Congrats anyway. Another of life's mile-stones achieved.

NiGHTMARE said:

YAY! Congratulations :)
I'll finish high school in a couple of weeks! :)

NiGHTMARE said:

congratulations!

NiGHTMARE said:

cool, congrats. Will be great to see you on irc again. :)

Enjay said:

I assume congratulations are in order (ie you have qualified).

Unfortunetely, I rather curelly don't find out until next month :(

It's something to do with writing isn't it? (Journalism?)

That'd be the one :)

[B}Any thoughts of actual career moves yet, or is simply finishing end enough in itself ATM?[/B]

I'm up for anything entertainment related: music (virtually any genre apart from pop, garage, rap, jazz and classical), film and TV, computer/console gaming, etc. I actually just saw an ad for the perfect job, so I'm going to apply for that, though I'm not sure what my chances are...

Congrats anyway. Another of life's mile-stones achieved.

Ta! :)