Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curvededge

More Germans play Doom than Americans?

....just wondering....how come when i search for Doom III or any other FPS for that matter, i always end up with more German sites than American? do they like violence more than we do? i find that hard to believe unless there is a new hitler in power or something

I dont know about FPS searches in particular. But I've noticed that there seem to be more German gaming related pages in general.

Germany's censors are N.... no, I won't say it. But They are pretty damn sensitive to blood and gore (Hell, they didn't like Goldeneye 007!). Strangely enough, swearing's A-OK though.

curvededge said:

unless there is a new hitler in power or something

AndrewB said:

I thought the land of chocolate was a hard-working, industrialized nation.

Nope. I bet that new Hitler is to blame though.

AndrewB said:

I thought the land of chocolate was a hard-working, industrialized nation.

"...You were saying something about chocolate?"

"That was fifteen minutes ago!"

I think First Person Shooters are illegal in Germany. Germany bans a lot of stuff, like scientology. Anyway, in case it is relevant I'm 65% German. Whoo.

the_Danarchist said:

Germany bans a lot of stuff, like scientology.

That compensates for all bans on violent games.

the_Danarchist said:

I think First Person Shooters are illegal in Germany.

Nah. They had UT2k3, but they blacklisted it, meaning it can't be advertised and has to be sold under the counter to over-18s only.

Trasher][ said:
Germany's censors are N.... no, I won't say it. But They are pretty damn sensitive to blood and gore (Hell, they didn't like Goldeneye 007!). Strangely enough, swearing's A-OK though.

You don't think blood and gore is worse than swearing ?

Lord FlatHead said:

You don't think blood and gore is worse than swearing?

Spot-on.

Opulent said:

I don't know, but there sure are a lot of kick ass Deutsch FPS gamers.

Why yes, there are alot of Douche FPS players. Most of which you'll find lurking around Counter Strike and other Team Warfare Games.

curvededge said:

....just wondering....how come when i search for Doom III or any other FPS for that matter, i always end up with more German sites than American? do they like violence more than we do? i find that hard to believe unless there is a new hitler in power or something

Do you realize just how stupid that assumption is?
If it was true that Germans play more Doom than Americans, it's more likely to be that there are less retarded Christians who are offended by Doom in Germany than is the case in the US.

Seriously, you need a vacation in Germany (but not until you've learnt to at least understand German) and you'll soon find out how unlikely they are to become Nazis and aggressors again - why do you think Germany refused to support the recent war in Iraq? I don't think you'll find a bigger anti-Nazi, anti-war sentiment anywhere else in the world than in modern Germany.

There I've said it.

Fredrik said:

That compensates for all bans on violent games.

Word. There are some things that are just to dangerous to keep around.

the_Danarchist said:
I think First Person Shooters are illegal in Germany....

No! That's not right! I know for a fact RtCW was released there, uhhh... after a few changes...

Ct_red_pants said:

No! That's not right! I know for a fact RtCW was released there, uhhh... after a few changes...

/me gets flashbacks to SNES Wolf-3D