Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

Masterpiece

Worst Map: Where do I start? :)
Best Map: Some of my more recent levels have been pretty good, but they've not been released as of yet.

Well, I only released 3 maps so far, all deathmatch, and none of them are all that great in my opinion. I wouldn't say they're really "bad" so much as "sub-par", but you can draw your own opinion on that. I made them mainly to bash around with bots, but they don't even serve that purpose all that well since the bots tend to be stupid due to the designs.

Personally, I don't have too strong a feeling on any of them, but according to the newstuff guys, the verdict falls as:
Best: Subterranean Prison (drac_d02)
Worst: Computer Core (drac_d03)

And yeah, this set of 3 was supposed to be a set of 4, but I still didn't get off my lazy ass and finish up the 4th map, which is nearly done. At such time as I finish it, I'll release it, although it's probably not any better than the other 3. Then hopefully I'll make "good" map, for single player mode.

Szymanski said:

Best: AV map06

You made that?? I love you.

kristus said:

Best: Nimrod

Worst: Hyena

You made Nimrod? Wow, that's the only good Legacy wad I've ever seen.

Nanami said:

Learn to map pritch.

Yeah, it's not like I've got much else to do...

haaaang on a second, yes, it's 60 pages of coursework sat on my desk! Y3Y!

Best: D:E Map02
Worst: D:E Map02

I put more detail into it than any other map I've made, but no one seemed to like it. It was reviewed pretty badly on newstuff.

On the other hand, everyone seemed to like my 'Island of the Imps' speedmap, but it only took me a little over an hour to make so I don't think that counts. :P

Hmmm.Ed I happen to like your mdm series deathmatches.Also I hope your kidding fredrick on vrack2 being the worst you released? Well, me personally, i wish i hadn't uploaded q2doom.wad I think that it was my first wad i have ever created for doom.IMO it sucked big time.Please don't go looking to download it cause it's shamefull to look at.I'm planning on remaking it though in the near future.

The only thing that makes Vrack2 a little tedious at times are those big fights where an area gets completely filled with cacodemons.

A lot of them just get stuck in each other due to a yet unadressed Zdoom bug.

Worst: Industrial, massive, tough, exceptionally difficult puzzles, 1345 monsters.
Best: CCMap29, massive, tough, reasonable puzzles, 1345 monsters.
Hmm, there's a bit of a pattern there.

Best: Traffic control, which made something like 14th place in that E1 competition on some other doom site (doomcenter?..one thats down anyway XD), it was a little to "realistic" to be truly E1 i reckon..

Worst: The core, a poor attempt at a DM map by me, and i'd never even played DM then XD

DOOM Anomaly said:

None; I haven't released any maps cause I don't even know how to make windows, let alone stairs and horizons. Heh.

heh, i'll hafta catch up with you on AIM sometime and help you out :)

I know a lot about editing levels now, DA, I'd be happy to help you out as well. I did show you that sky trick that's used in E1 all the way through, I think :)

Who needs windows and horizons, just make a huge octagonal room the size of new york, and fill it with 700 cyberdemons, 1000 megaspheres and all the weapons, and put water on the ceiling, and dont forgot to call it "t3h ultim8 b4ttl3!!!1" XD

Best: deliverance.wad
Worst: theref.wad (uggh, what was I thinking? Some maps I made before that were better :P)

DOOM Anomaly said:

None; I haven't released any maps cause I don't even know how to make windows, let alone stairs and horizons. Heh.

If you want to put them in your CC map, I could send you some examples if you like. (windows, stairs, horizons)

Ultimate DooMer said:

If you want to put them in your CC map, I could send you some examples if you like. (windows, stairs, horizons)

i already made him a windows walkthrough for his preferred editor :P

Fredrik said:

Use the freaking grid, Luke.

heh, why? it's just a walkthrough, it shows what needs to be done. plus i'm hardly proficient in deepsea, i don't want to be searching through a gazillion menus looking for "snap to grid" :P

sargebaldy said:

i don't want to be searching through a gazillion menus looking for "snap to grid" :P

"/" key