Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Deviant Force

Multiplayer or Single player?

What do you usually play Multiplayer or Single player?

I play both usually multiplayer but today i beat the first episode of doom roday just cause i wanted a change from DM.

I have a 56K so you can tell what my choice usually is. Although I try to coop sometimes.

Single Player, nine times out of ten. But Multi is fun too, if you can find a fast server and someone to play against who's not a total lamer ;)

I play dm on msn zone or zdaemon, sp for compet-n or just casually and coop on msn zone, it's all fun.

SP. Multiplayer has the rather fundamental drawback of involving other people. :)

Single player, of course. Frankly, I don't imagine Doom being all too much fun in deathmatch . . .

Grimm said:

Single player, of course. Frankly, I don't imagine Doom being all too much fun in deathmatch . . .

hmm.. it is. But I play single player more. You can see me on zdaemon once in a while.

SP, I don't often get a chance to connect two computers and when I do, I stick to coop. Sadly, the only person I can play coop Doom with is my younger brother, and he's not that interested in it anymore :-/

SP, but i tried to multiplayer a couple of times, with a ping of 600 or so, it took some time, but i did it.

Single player.
For deathmatch I prefer Quake 3

I opt for made-for-deathmatch PCs or MODs (So usually I play deathmatch). I do enjoy a good SP game...I recently beat episodes 1 and 2 on JDoom.

I like to play both equally, i dont like one over the other. Although i like co-op better than DM. SinglePlayer is fun until it get frustrating later on in the third episode. But thats why i like the game, it's challenging every time you play it. and every time you do, you find something new.

The Flange Peddler said:

Do people not do direct modem to modem multiplayer these days?

Those were the days, before Internet client-server rubbish slowed everything down.

I do! I play all my games in ipx over direct modem like this and it works even better than their normal modem mode. But it's been mainly C&C games anymore. My friends will rarely deathmatch me in Doom.

Fuckin deathmatch is cool, but it just loses it's Doom feel. It's like playin 4-player Goldeneye, u run around like rats and blow each other to hell. I like Doom because of the feel of it, and nothing accomplishes this better than SP. I'm sure coop can do it, but I've been trying to get my one friend to coop with me for about 2 years and we never get around to it.

Almost always SP. There never seems to be anyone on ZDaemon when I connect. Also, I tend to prefer Quake for DM. Half-life DM was freakin awesome when the game was still new. There was a map called "rats" that I particularly loved.

SP. I don't like Coop, people get in my way. DM..well..i'm on a 56k modem, that tells you it all right there.

I like doom Co-op, but not DM, that is why I am dissapointed to hear DooM III will not have Co-op. I only like quake DM, but back in the day for Unreal there were alot of co-op games online, that was fun. Nothing like finishing the castel level in 2 minits with 6 players online, the monsters never had a chance!!!

Now...Mostly DeathMatch, though I don't deathmatch very much these days.
Then Single Player.
And least ammount is Co-op cause I can't find anyone who will play it and when there is a server its too laggy to move or whatnot.
I Deathmatch the most, though I'm not the best at it. :D