i'm not whipped ... i think.

what should i do?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. what should i do?

• keep her
    • dump the bitch
    • more impsex!
    • blaaaaaaaaaargh! RAGH! - |\\| 0 - 0 p ! |\\| ! o |\\|

i've been dating this chick for four months now, and prior to this we became really close friends via the internet. she only lives about twenty minutes away from me. anyway, i've really enjoyed being with her, but suddenly she started pissing me off.

see, the last time i been out and about with my friends was december. after that, i've devoted all my weekends to this girl. last friday (9 may) i went out with my friends (we were also supposed to get drunk, and another guy supposedly had weed, but in the end the only drug i had in me was nicotine). i got online later that night (about one o'clock) and she's all pissed off. apparantly she felt that i'd rather be out getting drunk with my friends than be with her. i wrote her an email the following wednesday expressing my disgust with her posessivness, and after a long talk it appeared we had made up. then last night (fri) she was still pissed at me because i had told her friend that i was probably going to get drunk and i didn't tell her. 1) the only reason i told her friend was 'cause they said they were looking for a kegar so i mentioned my intentions and 2) why the fuck should i tell her every single god damned detail of my life? we're not married for christ's sake, we're just fucking going out, so we shouldn't have to tell each other everything; it didn't concern her so it wasn't important, the only thing she should be worried about is whether or not i'll stay faithful, which i always do 100% to the end.

i'm most likely gonna break up with her, but i figure i'll ask your advice first; who knows, mebbe something one of you says will make me change my mind.

Hahahahahaha, funniest joke in history!

Anyway, plenty of fish in the sea right? Even more fish at DW!

Possessiveness? Ahhh, the pitfalls of most relationships. I think they mere fact that you two are not going out properly is the driving reason behind her being so insecure. You haven't done shit with her, hence the possessiveness. She somehow sees herself as last priority and your infrequent visits (Online) with her somehow reinforce this feeling.

My small analysis. Probably all wrong though.

wow, nobody takes me seriously. again. i hate when this happens.

this isn't a joke. but i'm glad the pole is agreeing with me.

hmm...people aren't reading correctly.

yes, i have met her in person. i have spent every friday and saturday night besides last with her, sometimes we're cuddled up watching movies or whatever. not to mention the fact that the saturday after i spent virtually all my afternoon with her. she's being all pissed off 'cause i missed one friday of being with her. if she's going to be like this, i don't know how she'll be when i'm seven hours a way working or at summer school all the time. plus she persists in knowing exactly what i'm doing when i'm not with her.

i'd suggest you to talk to her first, tell her how you truly feel

Sit down and discuss this with her, that's the best advice I can give you. See, a friend of mine was dating this girl and she was cool at first, but as time went on she became more and more possessive and stuff. It even got to the point where she was all 'suicidal' just because she wanted him to give her attention. Now, you would think that all of the stress he was being put through because of this would get him to try to do something about it, right? Wrong. He's a dumbass and instead of trying to work things out he complained about it and ignored her. All things considered, trying to actually work thing out with her wouldn't have saved that relationship, but it would have made it so it didn't end so badly.

If you wan't to get pissed at your girlfriend for being possessive, then by all means do so, but don't do it to her face. Sit down with her and try to discuss this. Who knows, you might find out why she's so bothered by it and you might find a solution that makes you both happy. Dumping her without trying to work things out is a cheap way of doings things, and if you can't bring yourself to be a man about this (I'm not trying to be insulting about that, mind you), then I'm going to have to agree with what AndrewB said.

I agree with some of the ones whom posted above here; try and talk it out, despite you may have tried that, make sure you cover the topic fully or whatnot. Just remember, many people like to feel important and desire attention, you cant get at mad at them for that, just, satisfy it, and if you can't handle it then don't continue with it, but don't demolish it either. Hope things turn out for the better. :D

forget it, either you dump your mates (which it sounds like you have already done to be honest) or you dump her. She's probably always resent you having fun without her (impossible!) because she's psycho and can't control it.

Never dump your mates. Your mates don't get jealous when you look at other mates. Women do. Your mates don't mind when you go out on a bender with your mates. Women do. Your mates don't give a fuck about going for gay walks and watching girlie movies. Women do.

Fuck women, go out wiht your mates. Dump her.

Thats why the only women I ever consider dating are always friends of mine.

Well, realistically, what's the problem with just telling her where you're going, instead of just not showing up online? I mean, you could just say, "Yeah, I wanna go to this party tomorrow night" and then she can know what to expect. If you just disappear, and then not tell her why when she is expecting you, and from her perspective, she doesn't know you've made other plans, and then you aren't there. It's not a wonder she's upset.

i was once in a relationship with a similarly possesive girl. i suggest you beat the living shit out of her. i wish i had.

well, we broke up.

btw, i did tell her i was going out, just didn't tell her where or what i was doing.

oddly enough, i wouldn't mind this level of stress and would've worked through it if she had been rich. other than that, i'm 16, i don't need to deal with this kinda stress.

AndrewB said:

And it's a happy ending, the princess has been saved.

Sorry Mario, the princess is in another castle.

fraggle said:

life aint nothing but bitches and money

but there aint no honey and its not that funny

Linguica said:

bitches aint shit but hos and tricks

Does that make you a son of a trick? :P

Tell her to shut her fucking trap and go make you a steak or you're warming up the hand..