Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thelamp

Fountains

The standard issue Willets Blood Fountain, and its upgraded model (Raven Series, Ultimate Doom)

T0Z9618.png

ksutra map16

FgowmTb.png

I knew I had seen a fountain in another wad but couldn't remember which one until now: turns out it's a very old wad made by myself (:

Screenshot_Doom_20230210_091607.png.ab939554cada70559e504dc150d8de1d.png

On 2/5/2023 at 6:45 PM, thelamp said:

I'm not sure why this particular piece of doomcute is so prevalent

Well, because it's a pretty simple piece of structure to made, like chairs or tables...

Doomsday of UAC (aka UAC_DEAD.WAD) and Wasteland: Dead Base (DEADBASE.WAD).

Dxwk04P.png

Perhaps it was hasty of me to attribute this design to the former id employee whose name I carelessly misspelled in my previous post. Evidently, it arises naturally. IIRC, DEU has an "Insert Polygon" feature. Thus, even in the oldest of third-party map editors, it is trivial to throw down a couple of concentric octagons then plonk a 64 unit square of GSTFONT in the middle.

Hi @thelamp the link from Obituary you posted is an old 1 map wad uploaded in the mid 2000, i think you mean this 1995 classic megawad

So this one is from my own first ever Plutoina map i made back in April of 2022 this also marked the first time ever using UDMF format for making a level. But i wanted to show this off because this is my fountain i made for the starting hub area. 

doh.jpg

On 2/22/2023 at 5:11 PM, RjY said:

IIRC, DEU has an "Insert Polygon" feature. Thus, even in the oldest of third-party map editors, it is trivial to throw down a couple of concentric octagons then plonk a 64 unit square of GSTFONT in the middle.

Yeah, it's used here: