Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
insertwackynamehere

Favorite doom music?

Goat said:

my bad i meant map 4

Yeah...the music on map4 of Alien Vendetta is awesome! I have no idea where it's from. Anyone know?

E1M2, E1M8, Map09, Map07.. as if a question like this would be overdone by now?! Nay!

Ed said:

E1M2, E1M8, Map09, Map07.. as if a question like this would be overdone by now?! Nay!

Every question has been overdone, so it doesn't really matter anymore.

ooooh, umm.. hard one. i guess i liked all the music in the first doom about the same, i think they all fit their themes really well. if i had to give a favorite it would probably be the music from e1m6 or e1m7. there's only really a track or 2 in doom2 i liked, and i couldn't say which maps they're in off-hand.

Speaking of Doom Music, while on a Jager-soda binge, our little industrial project hit the studio and did a Evil Incarnate cover on a whim. All the drum, ambient, synth and bass tracks are down. Tuesday we're gonna go in (sober) and add a guitar track and master the drums.

..yay.

TNT's Map29 music is just screaming to be played by a live orchestra.

In fact, it's been on my list of remixes to make for about 3 years now :P I just need some quality choir samples and I'll be able to start.

risking getting flammed.....I never liked the cheesy midis from the original dooms...I prefer the cheesy, yet gloomy, synths from the PSX versions. yeah, sorry 'bout the triple post there.

radagast said:

risking getting flammed.....I never liked the cheesy midis from the original dooms...I prefer the cheesy, yet gloomy, synths from the PSX versions. yeah, sorry 'bout the triple post there.

Head over to depot.wrong.button.com You'll find friends there.

E1M8 and E2M8, and map 29 and 30 from Doom 2 (IMO most of the music in Doom 2 was not that great, but maybe's it's just me)

E1M2
The background bass panning back and forth along with the pounding lead bass line were just great.
(I hooked up a 4-track recorder to my computer and am gonna be trying to re-make the first episode's music myself, more info when I get something done)

my ALL time favorite Doom 1 song is the song for Limbo on Episode 3

all time favorite Doom 2 song would be level 10

radagast said:

I prefer the cheesy, yet gloomy, synths from the PSX versions.

Here, I checked these out. The PSX music was actually tracked using various midi events linked to the very limited ammount of samples.

ravage said:

All in the Ultimate Doom.

Also, I have memorized each track and can hum them quite well. :P

Now that's true devotion!

I usually turn music off, although ZooM should have good music (mudfoot.mid is teh leet).

DOOM:

E1M8 remix by Jeremiah Sypult
E3M1
E2M1

DOOM II:

Into the Sandy's city (or something)
SHAWN's GOT A SHOTGUN (i can play it with a synth!)

niguel said:

DOOM:

E1M8 remix by Jeremiah Sypult
E3M1
E2M1

DOOM II:

Into the Sandy's city (or something)
SHAWN's GOT A SHOTGUN (i can play it with a synth!)

yay, the same as me. :)
map09/into the sandy's city is one of the best doom(2) tracks.
Most of doom and doom2's music is good, however the doom1 music is best.

Waaay back when Doom was new it scared me like so many others, if there's any level I remember from back then it's E1M7, and it's accompanying song. It just seemed to ooze fear and dread, and E1M7 was definitely one of those "the room gets dark and an imp pops out" kinds of levels, which back then was honestly pretty damn scary. I think the main reason I remember it is because I had played up to E1M7 in the shareware version (good ol' PC speaker sound effects), then installed a (new at the time, fear it!), SB16 sound card in my old 486 sometime before I continued playing Doom. So I launched Doom and loaded up my game, and experienced all the game's sound effects for the first time, as well as my first Doom level song, E1M7's. So in that way it was the first Doom music I heard and to me is sort of like an unoffcial theme song for Doom, just has an extra meaning to me.

But like the above posters I grew up with Doom music and the midi soundtracks to various other games so even now I still like it, mainly the nostalgic feeling and reminder of the past that it gives me.

I have every last one of them downloaded and permanently installed in my head.

I truly like all the ones in doom 1 but doom 2 went horribly downhill however I did enjoy that acoustic harp in lvl 9 d2

My favorite Doom 1&2 Musics are

E1M5 (Suspense) <-- Best Doom Feeling for me
E2M6 (Sinister)
E2M8 (Nobody Told Me about ID)
E3M7 (Waltz of Demons)
Mid-Song (Victory)
Outro-Song (Bunny)

MAP03 (Conntdown to Death)
MAP07 (Shawn's got the Shotgun)
MAP09 (Intro Sandy's City)
MAP30 (Opening to the Hell) <-- Best Hell feeling for me
Mid-Song (Readme)

I still believe Bobby Prince is the best man for Doom3 soundtracks.