Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Galaxy_Stranger

Doom3 mod

Heh, I think countless other people have got that idea, but good luck anyway.

As long as you don't make some unoriginal Counter Strike-esque mod.

dsm said:

Heh, I think countless other people have got that idea, but good luck anyway.

As long as you don't make some unoriginal Counter Strike-esque mod.

OMG CS IN DOOM3!! BRILLIANT!!

mewse said:

OMG CS IN DOOM3!! BRILLIANT!!

Nah, it'll drag the holy name of Doom through the dirt if those CS kiddies put their filthy hands on it.

Nah, man, I wanna see Immoral fuckin' Conduct in Doom3 multiplayer. All those guns... oooooooh.

I wish H-L, CS and everyone who plays them online would fuck off and die. Letting people like that survive and propagate with their parents dilutes our species' gene pool.

I reckon someone will do a conversion of the old Doom maps, but I doubt D3 could handle the amount of enemies.

I wish H-L, CS and everyone who plays them online would fuck off and die.

People like you are the ones that motivate the existence of the word " ignorant".

Fredrik said:

I'd definitely like to see a new CS, for DOOM 3.

NO! That's why we have Half life 2!

I completely agree with DSM here. I don't want know tactical ops mod ASAP.

If the fist makes a return (it could do but with the sort of atmosphere involved it may not) i want a little rapid punch mod so i can do 100 cracks fist on the hellknight!

I completely agree with DSM here. I don't want know tactical ops mod ASAP.

Why can't you accept OTHER people making the mods THEY want to play? They won't hurt you - you don't even have to download them.

Fredrik said:

They won't hurt you - you don't even have to download them.

Not when you're happy playing a good game in a lan game shop, and then some 5 year old's going "C'mon! Play CS!", followed by some stupid arguement that ends up with you getting killed in the game you're playing.

Well that happens to me anyway.

dsm said:

Nah, it'll drag the holy name of Doom through the dirt if those CS kiddies put their filthy hands on it.

Kiddies?

ParaBellum said:

Doom is all about fantasy. CS type games won't go well with it. Leave that for HL2.

Please explain how a completely moddable engine that is specially designed for licensing can't be used for realistic warfare themes.

Fredrik said:

5-year-olds? They shouldn't be allowed to play those mods anyway.

They're probably 9 to 11 but my little brother (8 years of age) is taller than them so i get the impression that they're 5 year olds.

BlueSonnet said:

They're probably 9 to 11 but my little brother (8 years of age) is taller than them so i get the impression that they're 5 year olds.

Anyway, don't go to LAN game shops.

Zaldron said:

Please explain how a completely moddable engine that is specially designed for licensing can't be used for realistic warfare themes.

Ditto, the engine is a platform for the game content, it could be a RTS and it would still work..

ToXiCFLUFF said:

I wish H-L, CS and everyone who plays them online would fuck off and die

Oh, so, you want me to die? Not all CS players are spastic retards that scream "DEAGLED BITCH!" when they kill you with a Desert Eagle. So, unless you play it regularly, stfu.

Zaldron said:

It can be used for anything you want. But that's not the point. The Doom3 engine is NOT best suited for say, a Rainbow Six or Operation Flash point type game. At least nto without adding a lot of physics and reducing the shadows so you can have high poly models.

ParaBellum said:

The Doom3 engine is NOT best suited for say, a Rainbow Six or Operation Flash point type game. At least nto without adding a lot of physics and reducing the shadows so you can have high poly models.

Last time I checked, Operation Flashpoint was very, very low-poly.

And besides, I think the shadows add more gameplay value when searching a house à la Rainbow Six.

I didn't know that people took my word as absolute literal gospel, but now that I do, I must admit that I'm kind of flattered.

Seriously, of course not everyone who plays CS or H-L is a goddamn retard, but after playing a lot of games online, I find those two games attract the highest concentration of idiots.