Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Nanami

"You am stupid."

If there's one thing I hate it's when people, especially STUPID people, suggest that you're stupid. All the time it's like I'm surrounded by morons.

For a great example, two of my classes have ridiculously stupid teachers. One acts like he knows everything. He's one of those people that talks loud, fast, and interrupts a lot to make people seem dumb. In truth, he has to ask me and two of my friends how to do anything, he copies his assignments from another teacher, and everything he "knows" he learned the night before and still reads from a book.

He's a coach... need I say more? He likes to argue with me a lot. I had an argument with him on why "compressed" image files doesn't mean a loss of data.

My other teacher is stupid as well. She is so dumb that she gives us Excel worksheets practically every day, and she has to review to rememeber how to do the formulas to write on the board for us. Ugh. We have an hour and a half in each class and she'll give us 2 Excel sheets a day. I can finish them in less than 10 minutes.

She doesn't allow us to do work from other classes, she doesn't allow us to surf the Internet, and she doesn't allow us to sleep. WTF are we supposed to do? She gets on to me every day because I'm on the Internet, but you know, who cares? I argue with her all the time, and the rest of the class argues as well. Not to mention she talks extremely slow, sounds like a dying bird, and repeats herself every five minutes.

Anyway, my reason for writing this is because yesterday I was being annoied by this second teacher, and she had us print out a bunch of work. I was just sitting there and she said "Do your work, Kara," and I said "I'm waiting on it to print out, it's taking a long time," and she says "Well don't print it again, sometimes it takes a while. If you print again it'll all come out later and you'll have too many copies." Grr! I have three times as many computer credits as I need, I have seven computers at my house, I spend all my time on computers, why do people insist on suggesting you're a moron around computers? If you don't know how to work a printer you're retarded.

Anyway, feel free to vent about stupid people you should be looking up to but instead are shaking your head at. =P

If there's one thing I hate it's when people, especially STUPID people, suggest that you're stupid. All the time it's like I'm surrounded by morons.

This is how I feel everywhere on the Internet.

Nanami said:

He's a coach... need I say more? He likes to argue with me a lot. I had an argument with him on why "compressed" image files doesn't mean a loss of data.

Only on losslessly compressed formats. Formats like JPEG _do_ lose data.

If you tell them to. You can set it at a good quality. But compression doesn't automatically mean data loss. And I think we were arguing about .gif format anyway.

.gif is lossy. Part of its compression lies in reducing the amount of colors in the image. (Though, of course, it's lossless for the special cases where images have less than 256 colors to begin with).

.PNG motherfucker, do you speak it?

Anyways, some of the IRC channels I go to are occasionally reduced to such seething pits of idiocy that I don't even care to remember. I'd check my logs but I don't want to subject myself to it all over again.

Also, I saw some stunning idiocy back when I played games online. "Cheater" this, "fag" that, and "1337 d00dz" who make up their own rules regardless of how the game is set up, and cuss you out if you don't play their way.

Nanami said:

Yes, I know that .gif is limited to 256 colors. That's not the point...

It is the point if you have an image with more than 256 colors.

Fredrik said:

It is the point if you have an image with more than 256 colors.

The point I'm trying to make is that "compression" IS NOT a synonym for "loss of data."

Nanami said:

That's exactly how i feel at my school.

Nanami said:

The point I'm trying to make is that "compression" IS NOT a synonym for "loss of data."

It's one of those 'all cars are vehicles, all vehicles are not cars' type of things isnt it ;)

I use gif all the time for the crisp happy transparent animaty goodness ;)

Nanami said:

Wrong again. Compression implies loss of data, the redundant data ;)

Nanami said:

Bah. Fredrik, you are the reason I made this thread. =P

I'm practicing hard for dealing with people in real life :D

Zip files are compressed. When I decompress them, the pictures and/or waves sound/look just as good as I remember the first time. And the text I zipped is still all there.

In terms of stupid people, I would like to mention my ex-girlfriend (the one of heated disscussion in my blog). This last argument we had, she actually contradicts herself within a few lines of text. Example: I was simply talking to my boss about some cool XBox games, and she comes in and plows through my opinions.

something about me having a different opinion makes me wrong...::shrugs::...whatever...
i have never liked XBoxes...i think they are by far inferior to a PS2...and i will continue to stand by this belief because.... {cut out part}
yes, i know the X-Box is a more powerful system and has the potential for better grafix and what not, that you can rip cds straight to it, you don't need a mem card and all that...and you want to know why people, because it's a COMPUTER! it is really just a computer system designed for gaming, it's made by Microsoft, hello! to me, i can't think of it as a console system as easily as i see it as a computer...and yeah...if i wanna play computer...i have one...kthx bye

Example 2. I have a different way of using "I love you", and I let her know this. And recently told her to go back and re-read that e-mail:

and we wonder why i don't accept it...because gee...it's not true to me
maybe he meant that he 'cared' or something...but then you don't say 'love' maybe he meant 'liked' or even 'lust' or some odd thing like that...but you don't use 'love' it's not the right word...so if you use it then it's a lie

Wow, she certainly took that wrong. So then she says this:

i personally didn't like it...and i'm sorry i didn't change my opinions to compliment his...::shrugs:: i always thought that was supposed to be part of the joy of being human...being sentient...being able to have your own opinions...
we aren't supposed to all think alike, we aren't preprogramed computers...we may have some preprogramming (what do you think we learned in school) but we aren't the same...

So...I give my opinion on some XBox games, and she attempts to sqwash them. I let her know what I mean by, "I love you", and took into account her own definitions, and yet, I can't have my own at all. But, we're supposed to all be different, and part of the joy of living is having opinions. And everyone's different, so that's why I have to conform to her. Ok, there's my rant on stupid people.

Nanami said:

Anyway, feel free to vent about stupid people you should be looking up to but instead are shaking your head at. =P

The idea that you should look up to certain other people is quite a destructive one, no less so than the idea that you should look down on particular people.

Anyway, it's nice to see a data compression flamewar brewing.

I'm an administrator at a place where most of the people know nothing about the computers, so fortunately I have final say on what happens and what doesn't. I still get calls on my phone everyone once in a while because paper is jammed or a cd-rom tray accidently opened. Yes they've called me about that.
We just got a nice (expensive) new LCD display on our graphics workstation and I have 6 post-it notes stuck on it to remind people NOT to TOUCH THE FREAKING screen when pointing at shit in photoshop. Tomorrow I'll come in and there will be prints all over it. I'm just waitintg to see how long it takes for dead pixels to show up.
This one guy also doesn't understand the concept of storage space on different mediums. Always coming to me becuase his stupid floppy disks won't hold a single 1200x1600 jpg from our digital camera...and no, they never fucking resize their pictures. Always a big as possible, trying to email them (on a 56k), print them, save them on disks...so stupid.

Unfortunatly, my job doesn't entail many computer specific hassles, but being enlisted in the United States Marine Corps has given me exposure to my fair share of idiots. I'd elaborate, but I don't even want to get started. Two words: fucking retards.

I feel I have the right to shake my head at all who are older than I yet are inferior in any field of life. :D
/me shakes head continously. :P

Stupid people are stupid. They like calling others stupid.

Wouldn't it be a much nicer world if smart people knew they were smart and stupid people knew and admitted that they were stupid?

Yes, but that might require the use of logic, and God only knows how many people don't have that.

at least your schools have computer classes. our school has "computer technology" which is learning word and excel. next year, when im a senior, we'll JUST START having web design. i fucking hate my high school.

Goat said:

at least your schools have computer classes. our school has "computer technology" which is learning word and excel. next year, when im a senior, we'll JUST START having web design. i fucking hate my high school.

I fucking love your high school.

y'know, stupid people should have to wear a sign around their neck that says "BEWARE, THIS IS A STUPID PERSON". Then if you see someone with that sign, you will know that person is stupid and you will need to watch out because, well, they might do something stupid.

Joe Doom said:

y'know, stupid people should have to wear a sign around their neck that says "BEWARE, THIS IS A STUPID PERSON". Then if you see someone with that sign, you will know that person is stupid and you will need to watch out because, well, they might do something stupid.

Bill Evangal did that already. "Here's your sign."

ravage's sig:
If Zdoom can emulate Hexen weapons, why not ROTT weapons?

Because ROTT's code isn't in ZDoom, but Hexen's is.