Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Igor9

2xSaI

Are there any source ports that implement this rendering technique? If so how can I enable it?

Very doubtful. Ask a coder like Timmie to work on it for ZDooMGL or ask whoever is in charge of JDoom to add it.

Nope, there are none as far as I know. But it would indeed be very interesting to see.

BBG said:

Very doubtful. Ask a coder like Timmie to work on it for ZDooMGL or ask whoever is in charge of JDoom to add it.

2xSaI is processed in software so it would probably be easier and more natural to implement it in a software-render port.

Heh I guess it would actually make as much sense to pre-resize the images in the IWAD...

Fredrik said:

Heh I guess it would actually make as much sense to pre-resize the images in the IWAD...

...Except that it massively increases the size of the WAD. I checked this process out and I don't think it looks better than normal texture filtering so it might only be useful in software renderers. It certainly doesn't improve visual quality.

If we do resize the sprites in the IWAD itself, are there any source ports that supports this and display the sprites properly?

EDGE lets you make sprites twice as big, and then in things.ddf add

SPRITE_SCALE=0.5;

to the entry for that thing

2xsai is for programs that have their original artwork stuck at its original resolution, such as emulated games. It filters it out so it doesnt look as blurry as a general interpolation filter. The only use for it in Doom would be as a texture filter to up the resolution of sprites and textures (a playstation emulator graphics plugin does this).

Erm, JDoom already does this, via filtering...doesn't look as good though, but is still the same effect. Plus it adds those annoying black borders :P