MagnuM

The Ring or Ringu?

The Ring or Ringu?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. The Ring or Ringu?

• The Ring
    • Ringu
    • I don\'t watch movies much
    • I don\'t really care to be totally honest.
    • They both suck horsey dick

I saw them both; the american version and the Japanese version in subtitles.

And if you don't like this poll, just look at all the other funny but good ones that never got destroyed. Please consider the source of this and don't nulify it. Or if you like the sick pleasure of it go ahead. Either way I really don't care.

The Japanese Version is infinite times better.

Trust me and watch it. American version is too "Hollywoodized".

I saw the Japanese version and it was the biggest pile of steaming crap to ever disgrace my sight, and that's saying a lot seeing as I've seen Ghosts of Mars.

Which isn't to say I like the American version.

I only saw the American version and it was by far the scariest movie I've ever seen!

/me shivers

I watched both of them (Ringu first), and I tend to like the Japanese version a bit more. Since it was in Japanese, you had to read the subtitles, making you pay more attention to the movie than you otherwise would, although it still took a while to get used to it. Also, I like the Japanese version of the story behind that video tape more than the American version.

And no neither movie scared me.

I liked Ringu much better. It was much scarier, and some of the things that happened (like the kanji appearing in the eyes) actually made more sense to me.

Poll says:
I don\\\'t watch movies much
I don\\\'t really care to be totally honest.

Someone should fix that.

I voted for "I don't watch movies much," because, well, I don't.

I'll be buying the ringu box set on DVD some time soon... I enjoyed the american version a fair deal, but I'll reserve judgement till I've seen the original.

I've actually seen all of them... Ringu, Ringu 2, Ringu 0, and the Ring. Ringu was good, but it seemed kind of goofy at times, though it did have certain elements that made it better than the American version. The American version, though was a bit scarier, and the video itself was much cooler than in the Japanese version. Also, it gave a better explanation on how the tape was made, and the significance of the seven days.

I've only seen Rungu, and I liked it. The video was pretty eerie. But overall, it wasn't scary.

EllipsusD said:

I've actually seen all of them... Ringu, Ringu 2, Ringu 0, and the Ring. Ringu was good, but it seemed kind of goofy at times, though it did have certain elements that made it better than the American version. The American version, though was a bit scarier, and the video itself was much cooler than in the Japanese version. Also, it gave a better explanation on how the tape was made, and the significance of the seven days.

i liked the american version and will see the other when i get a chance. though i understood the 7 days i never understood how and even why the tape was made. i didnt even understand the little girl. was she pure evil from the get go or was she and her powers given to her in responce to abuse? really i would have liked more of an explanation on that