Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Jeremy

GBA Dooms

I havent posted here in ages, but I remember people talking about the GBA Dooms. Weel, heres all the facts from me, someone who owns both and played all the way through legetly.

Doom: Definately not a perfect port. They did a horrible job on the music, the levels have been edited like the 32x levels, the CyberDemon and SpiderMastermind were cut out, and episode three.. is not quite episode three. Corpses dissapere when they hit the ground aswell.

DoomII: Near perfect port, made me jizz myself. Includes ALL monster, including the Arch-Vile. They imported EVERY level PERFECTLY, they even kept the last level, Icon of Sin, the same. The music was composed VERY well, it sounds just as good as the computers.
The only difference is, the Chasm, and one of the city levels were split into two levels becuase they were large, but I like it better that way. Blood is green, but I can cope with that.

Bottom Line: Both Doom, Both Dynamic Lighting, Both DM capatable..Hell yeah!

There are adjustments all over the place where new walls are erected to block sight lines in GBA Doom 2.

I haven't bothered to play through the entire thing, either, mostly because my savegames for some reason corrupted themselves.

Wow, Jeremy actually posted something!
As for the GBA Dooms, I have neither, but then again I don't have GBA :P

I have doom 2 and a gba sp I barely played it when i just had a Gba since i barely could see the screen but now since i have a Gba sp I play it occasionally, I think Doom 2 oniline is alot better though it would be cool if the gba sp had a usb port so you could upload Wads that you downloaded. But now I think im talking crazy so ill shut up now lol.

Deviant Force said:

I have doom 2 and a gba sp I barely played it when i just had a Gba since i barely could see the screen but now since i have a Gba sp I play it occasionally, I think Doom 2 oniline is alot better though it would be cool if the gba sp had a usb port so you could upload Wads that you downloaded. But now I think im talking crazy so ill shut up now lol.

Hmmm, now that would be a cool idea, but then there's the GBA's horsepower. It might not be able to run some of the larger Doom wads (such as Eternal Doom) very well. In fact, Eternal could very well make your GBA explode in your hands! :)

I still haven't got GBA Doom II - I better get it some time soon, cos I've been told a million times that it's worth it.

I have them both and I haven't played them in ages, mainly because I have had no need to resort to the GBA for my Doom fix.

Funny I should come across this, because I finally bought a Gameboy Advance SP today, along with Doom II. Work is so much better now...

Personally, I love them both. Doom seems to be a direct port of the Jaguar version, from what I can tell. Doom2 seems to be very very close to the original and is handled very well for the handheld.

I work in a call center environment, in cubicles, and since our PC's are so tightened up we can't do shit on slow days except slaughter each other in games on the GBA. Works great as a time passer... I swear I've beaten both like 30 times now :(

heh. Definitely worth 30 bucks, both of them are. Great to doom on the go without bringing a laptop along

I've been playing doom2 GBA and noticed something that is making the game very dificult for me... Does everyone else have a problem with the game not using the armor... I mean it registers it and I can always pick it up.. but I've gone through entire levels without my armor rating ever going down.. and I know I have taken damage.. is this a bug or is it the way the game works....

I wonder if they are going to try and fix it... seems to me that the armor is only affect by physical attacks like being scratched by an imp or one of those pink demons...

Sometimes, not even that brings it down. It seems to only happen once I get up to 200% armor though. Then at some point, it'll choose to knock me down a few %. That's usually VERY much after I attained said percentage.

I wish they had added some new levels though. I have played through Doom2 and Doom so many times that I just find the original levels dull now. That's why I liked Duke Nukem Advance so much - because it was a new[er] experience.