Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Sharessa

Scientific studies reveal effectivness of the Atkin's diet!

Notice how neither of the studies says anything of the exercise and lifestyle habits of the participants, which is of course the deciding factor in how well any particular diet will work for them.

ahh anyone here in biology. the diet i think is bogus for long term health. I goes aginst natural bio-chemical prcesses by removing carbs. it may help right out and i do see the point of removing high glucose foods from the average diet, such as pasta. however u do need the carbs.
the body burns carbs for energy, not protien. It can use protien but prefers not to. first off protiens are a bit oc a challenege for a cell to convert to energy. it also has other bi products that only make more work for the cell. finally i protien has far more energy than even a thousand carbs. that diet makes it difficult on the kiddneys and liver. my dad had problems with it. also it is not good for your guts. it say to cut of fiber too. i am sorry doctor moron but no fiber is digested and absorbed by humans. most animals cant even digest it. it is really eaten to give your turds substance and helps keept the bowls clean. also people on this diet make the most horrid farts on earth
humans are omnivores and thus need plant material in the diet. if we were strict carnivores this might be a good diet.

Pre-planned infomercial diets are mostly BS, yes. It's not about simply changing your input, you have to make sure you have proper input for your level of output. Keep in mind that in many cases you can simply adjust your output if changing your diet is not an option.

Lüt said:

Notice how neither of the studies says anything of the exercise and lifestyle habits of the participants, which is of course the deciding factor in how well any particular diet will work for them.

Yes. As far as I've learned from personal experiences, diets don't work at all. All you need is routine excercise and a few small meals every day.