Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
EricHerrera

I guess this is a dumb question.... ...

Man its been a long time since i last logged in. Heh. Anyway, I guess on with the question. Dows/Will ZdoomGL support shadows? And if so, what type?

I have considered stencil volumes for the models (not full shadows like Doom3 or anything) and projective textures for the sprites, but we'll see when I get around to doing the dynamic lighting.

Ok we'll try this again. Just fired up the latest public releases of ZDoomGL and ZDoom, and they scream on this computer. Looking great Tim, and keep up the good work :) Also, Slayer, are you still doing MD2 models?

Heh, well there aren't many more models for me to do ;) I only did a few simple ones anyway, I suck at modelling anything complex :P

Ok rather than posting a new thread I'll revive this one again. When ZDoomGL supports more features later on, will ZanZan be compatible with it?

Hopefully, but someone may have to redo the ini files that come with it since I'm pretty sure the format for those are going to be changing. Heh, I'm not asking for volunteers right now, though, since I'm not entirely sure what the new formats are going to look like :)

Hello, Im edmundo, the guy responsible for the zanzanTC.
Ive downloaded every version of ZdoomGL that comes out, sometimes fixing the compatibility has been some trouble (some versions of ZdoomGL didnt even work on my computer), but this last version has very few things that have to be fixed... I might post questions here for specific help though..

durandal9 said:

Hello, Im edmundo, the guy responsible for the zanzanTC.
Ive downloaded every version of ZdoomGL that comes out, sometimes fixing the compatibility has been some trouble (some versions of ZdoomGL didnt even work on my computer), but this last version has very few things that have to be fixed... I might post questions here for specific help though..

Cool. Hmm, you should email me: zdoomgl@shaw.ca. I'm going to be redoing the md2 setup files (new way should be much nicer) and since you've worked with them extensively it'd be great to have your input :)

The only complaints I had about the existing md2's was that they dissapeared when their center was not in view (now matter how big the model was), and transparent md2's in front of other models could give problems like the model in the back being invisible. I guess this second problem is much harder to fix, since Ive seen very advanced engines that have problems with transparencies(the priority of what should be rendered on top, etc...)
oh, and when you changed an md2 animation speed, the ACTUAL speed of an animation also changed, and I always thougt md2's should change how Doom looked, and not how it behaved. (Id have to change some animation speeds in my .ini files later, but its no problem)