Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,
I read on your web site that you are planning to include a system of passwords that require to have DOOM 64 in order to play. I think that that should be annoying as hell even for these who have the game, I mean, get the DOOM 64 rom is a zap and it is considered piracy, I don't find the need to include that limitation. I think just something that doesn't allow to extract the data of the wad would be enought. Well, that's my thought

yeah, I don't like that idea much myself, after thinking about it.

maybe Elbryan will change his mind about this...

It would never work. Someone would quickly figure out a way to get around it, and/or release a cracked version.

yeah, that idea is pretty impossible. heh, i'm only waiting on this TC to know what doom64 is like. it looks awful in all the shots i've seen, but this TC looks to be shaping up a bit better. there's no way i'd buy doom64 just to play some TC tho, especially considering i don't have a TV, let alone a N64.

sargebaldy said:

yeah, that idea is pretty impossible. heh, i'm only waiting on this TC to know what doom64 is like. it looks awful in all the shots i've seen, but this TC looks to be shaping up a bit better. there's no way i'd buy doom64 just to play some TC tho, especially considering i don't have a TV, let alone a N64.

You don't have a tv? Man you suck!

Imp said:

You don't have a tv? Man you suck!

Some of us have found happier lives without television.

I myself have the DooM 64 rom, which runs just fine. So Im hoping that this TC isnt 100% accurate. I'd like to see the team give it their own flavor.

I think the password thing in the wad to secure the resources or else is useless because 1.) you don't have the copyright on this gfxs and thats why 2.) somebody is going to find a way around it, rip the stuff and distribute it.

Heh yeah, like everyone's been saying, it's going to work for a while, but then some buttnugget with too much time on his hands is undoubtedly going to try and crack the whole password thing.

Assmaster said:

I myself have the DooM 64 rom, which runs just fine. So Im hoping that this TC isnt 100% accurate. I'd like to see the team give it their own flavor.

All new levels made exclusively for the TC is one thing to look forward to. I'm mostly waiting to be able to play doom64 with the mouse/keyboard rather than the awkward N64 controller (works fine with everything but fps games, but then maybe I'm just a purist).

I myself haven't played Doom64 in years, I would love to be able to play the same game on my pc :)

Assmaster said:

Some of us have found happier lives without television.

Warez monkey!

A passworded .WAD? That sounds, uh, Really F*king Stupid. I just hope Vegeta misread something somewhere, or something.

And i wasnt gonna rip any D64 sprites from DSV4 for my own wad, i think i will now just to take the piss..

Draconio said:

A passworded .WAD? That sounds, uh, Really F*king Stupid. I just hope Vegeta misread something somewhere, or something.

The Doom Depot said:

We DO plan on a password that will be changed every few days that requires the person to own Doom 64 to answer. This will control the flow of the game and discourage piracy.

Seems pretty clear to me.

Sounds like a job for Captain "Game Rental Store That Still Has Doom 64" and his sidekick, "Scan the game manual" Boy, but watch out for his enemies, sir "Dusty old N64" and admiral "ROM Site", which threatens to ruin the POINT of downloading the wad: To play Doom 64.

I hated Doom 64. No save games? What?????

I think the N64 controller works great for FPS's.

I've spoken to elbryan about this,
he may not add a password to the wad...

but I have to agree, its very ridiculous, but he said it just could be a last resort if Midway steps in....which I doubt it will happen...

Have in mind that we didn't have the idea about the password to protect the recources.
The password was for if Midway was to be angry with us because we do a total conversion of DooM64.

All the commotion about the TC leak has brough us down to earth again.
And yes. None knew about the leak before it was posted on the news section.
But that's why we wanted to have it as news in the first place.
If someone got a hold on the leaked stuff that this guy claimed as his own creation,
people might have thought that he actually DID all the work. It may not matter to the person playing the TC.
But it sure as hell means alot to us in the team. We are not total famehunters, but however I like to be remembered
for something else in the DooMcommunity than just my stupid posts in the forums.