Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Erick194

Doom II RPG Port Reverse Engineering (version 0.1) Source Code Release

Absolutely amazing to see this!!! Thanks so much for all the work you're doing!

Hi I'm trying to run the port with the ipa file listed above and it gives me this error image.png.96e2f4559447be250d69af2fafc51ede.png

image.png

49 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Hi I'm trying to run the port with the ipa file listed above and it gives me this error image.png.96e2f4559447be250d69af2fafc51ede.png

image.png

the file should have this name "Doom 2 RPG.ipa"

6 minutes ago, Hydra said:

This is what I got from internet Archive image_2023-05-08_212501902.png.f71bd7a5a0d1793e938f3c9f00e81efa.png

No problem, just rename it

1 hour ago, Erick194 said:

No problem, just rename it

Nope still doesn't work image.png.c8ec427cc134ae68a2b4fdce964f12ed.png

17 minutes ago, Hydra said:

Nope still doesn't work image.png.c8ec427cc134ae68a2b4fdce964f12ed.png

You forgot the space between "Doom" and "2"

8 minutes ago, Votterbin said:

You forgot the space between "Doom" and "2"

It works now ty

Amazing work as usual! I'm getting a crash when setting the resolution to 1920x1080 in Fullscreen mode (TinyGL set to no). When applying the mode switches, then the game window switches back to the desktop (it is still running in the background). Force quitting and restarting the game has the same behavior but I can't change the options anymore. Deleting the "CONFIGFILENAME" file in the "Doom2rpg.app" folder allows me to access the game again but I'm wondering if this is a bug and what is the highest resolution the game can safely run at.

Congratulations!

Any plans for a Linux port? Or, open sourcing it, so someone else can do a Linux port?

Neat, the VIOS and different Icon of Sin were unique at the time, also tying it with Wolf RPG with Stan Blazkowicz protagonist. This game also mixed classic Doom2 features with Doom 3 elements and it works here as perfect blend. One of unique characters introduced by this game was Kira Morgan, not typical Doom girl attempt but full blown person. I just wish someone would make addon of sorts just with that character's sprites and HUD face for normal megawads to play, voice clips would be issue though, as I remember there were not a lot of them even if you played as Doomguy or the Scientist but someone made connection with Crash from Quake3. The game gets harder later especially first ambush, in hell and Spider-Mastermind battle, but that Soul Cube was almost a missed opportunity, never really was forced to use it more than once and just for Cyber-Demon seems a waste.

On 5/10/2023 at 5:17 AM, Jon said:

Congratulations!

Any plans for a Linux port? Or, open sourcing it, so someone else can do a Linux port?

Runs fine under Wine for me. In my case, it literally runs under Wine in my kubuntu LTS install but not in Windows 11. Some I/O saving error pops up after the intro text plays in Win11.  

Screenshot 2023-05-09 232858 - DOOM II RPG IO error.png

I really like this port. I have one question. Is there a way to delete a keybind? I wanted to set one option, to a key, that other option is using and now both use the same key.

My thumbs get tired of playing this game on my old mobile. Now here's a better option!
Great work! 
Waiting for Wolfenstein RPG.

This is amazing and somehow just in time for me. I literally just discovered and played through your DoomRPG port a few days before this project made it out into the wild. This is some seriously great work. I'm so thankful that there's actually a way to experience these games and they're not lost forever. Any chance for Doom Resurrection next? It's the only Doom game that isn't really playable these days and I'd really love to give it a whirl.

Oh and Wolfenstein RPG, as others have already said.

On an unrelated note, I'm having some issues running the game lately. I finished the campaign several days ago without any issues whatsoever but I've since tried to relaunch it and am encountering an error message that prevents me from continuing. Here's what it looks like. Any ideas aside from a total reinstall?

error.png