Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cyb

USA Today Is Doomed

Er, excuse the cheesy headline. Check out this article in USA Today for some more info on Doom 3. While the article is pretty chock full of stuff you already know tech-wise, there are a some more quotes about the game from some of the id guys:

The monsters, however, remain the stars. At his desk, where shelves overflow with books of animé and movie effects, artist Scott clicks through a gallery of dozens of demons on his computer. "If I had to do a happy cartoon game, I don't think I could," says Scott, 33.

Pioneering in shareware, the try-before-you-buy marketing method, id Software hooked players by posting the first three levels as a free download and charged for the rest.

heh, not quite.

Yep! Let's see...That so called "Hell Knight"...will I use the hand gun, or just the fist? Hmmm. ;^)

3 things:

1.) It seems Tim Willits isn't very good at playing Doom III
2.) The guy who wrote the article apparently has no solid background knowledge of Doom or most computer gaming and was going off bits of info spoon fed to him
3.) Doom fucking rules. I mean, c'mon

1.) It seems Tim Willits isn't very good at playing Doom III

He was probably either demonstrating the death scene or playing on NIGHTMARE!.

pritch said:

Heh, that Imp looks scarier than a Cyberdemon.

I can't wait to see what the Cybie will look liek in comparison... modern day graphical redesign and Reznor sounds... best I order rubber undies in advance.

Heh, if that Imp is one of the lowly creatures, and it's scary, just imagine how badly you'll be scared by some of the bigger, badder bad guys.

I was driving up to my cabin when I noticed "DooM 3" In the corner of the paper at a gas station. I actually bought one, probably one of the first times ever, without reading it for teh finnies.

Most newspapers are meant for general public consumption, and the average Joe most likely does not know what an FPS is. They have to put that background information in for the article to make any sense to the average guy. Now, gaming sites or magazines are another story.

Bloodshedder said:

Most newspapers are meant for general public consumption, and the average Joe most likely does not know what an FPS is. They have to put that background information in for the article to make any sense to the average guy. Now, gaming sites or magazines are another story.

I understand that some people don't play videogames and such, but I just thought that everyone has at least heard of it, due it's fame, and infame, over the last ten years.

EDIT: I guess I can see why they'd describe "FPS", however.