Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Grazza

If you need an excuse to play Doom...

Hah, the primary reason my parents ever bought me a video game system in the first place (my good old Colecovision) was because I had no eye-hand coordination when I was little, and the doctor recommended it. I'm sure my parents have regretted it ever since :D

I could have told them that 10 years ago, but heh...at least they have evidence on it now.

Doom gives you eye-everything coordintation XD, you can honestly say theyve never ducked in thier chair to avoid cacodemon/imp fireballs before XD

Dr. Phil, what do you think?

"Make your kids play Doom. Hold their eyelids open with tweezers. Take the softness out of those little bastards."

Well, at least I think puzzle games make you think faster. It´s a good exercise for the mind. I love puzzle games!

puzzle games + Doom = nice combination! ;)

Cacodreams said:

puzzle games + Doom = nice combination! ;)

Try Cybersweeper. It's an extra that comes with Eternal.

Map21 of STRAIN was puzzle-based, and was probably one of the weaker maps. Map23 had an annoying puzzle, but that was just to get some power-ups.

Maybe Rubik's Cube Doom would be fun. A turn that brings the puzzle closer to being solved get you something useful; a mistake releases a monster.

Nanami said:

It's called Hexen and it sucks.

In your opinion. Heh, I always thought Hexen was a pretty good game, but some of the later levels' puzzles were just too damn blasted difficult to figure out. Forget that, I had (and still have) trouble getting through the first hub without having to get online and look for a Hexen strategy guide.

I've been trying to play through Hexen during the last week and I'm still in the first hub! hahaha.

Each hub is big and there's a lot to see and do. Take your time and enjoy the experience. Or something.

ugh hexen would be cool if it weren't for all the retarded "hey you hit a switch in this map, now something in one of three maps has changed, but it's not overly obvious so you'll have to check them all and you'll still prolly miss it and then quit in frustration!!" crap

that does not a good puzzle make

I played for two weeks on one game and never got out of the second hub. I searched all the places ONE BILLION TIMES and never found out what to do. Got boring after a while. =)

Nanami said:

I played for two weeks on one game and never got out of the second hub. I searched all the places ONE BILLION TIMES and never found out what to do. Got boring after a while. =)

A brilliant solution for you: HeXen walkthrough.

Perfect for sparing you from the pain of those ungodly hard puzzles.

In my opinion:

If a game is too hard to beat without a walkthrough, it's not worth playing.

However:

Using a walkthrough to get all the super secrets, fun minigames, and extras is okay.

Nanami said:

If a game is too hard to beat without a walkthrough, it's not worth playing.

exactly. it seems stupid to be playing some sort of character, when they need to have some detailed guide on how to get them past everything. you wouldn't have such a luxury IRL.

Heh. the second hub. I got so stummped there that I stopped playing Hexen for a year. Then one day I one day, I started it up agian and found the way out almost right away. it happen all the bloody time with me and games like that. oh well.

Your perseverance is not enough!

Hexen is not a good game to play if you are in a hurry to reach the end, but I don't think a walk-through is really necessary. You just need to explore everywhere, and be willing to revisit areas a few times.