Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bloodshedder

Running Out of Good Headlines

Is it me, or it turns each time more annoying when he uses the word "inovative"?

Vegeta said:

Is it me, or it turns each time more annoying when he uses the word "inovative"?

You seem to say that word a lot. I do not think it means what you think it means... ;)

Vegeta said:

Me or the maps?

timmie said:

You seem to say that word a lot. I do not think it means what you think it means... ;)

Him or me?

Just kidding

I don't want to start a flame war.
The maps are nice

Ultimate DooMer said:

Him or me?

It was a "Princess Bride" quote... Nothing meant by it! You should see that movie if you haven't seen it yet, btw :)

timmie said:

It was a "Princess Bride" quote... Nothing meant by it! You should see that movie if you haven't seen it yet, btw :)

heh hooray for princess bride! i didn't like it the first time i saw it but a teacher of mine in high school used to show it every term and it just got funnier each time =P

DEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODE!!!!!!!!!

/me downloads

Now where'd DA go off to? Somebody better go fetch him.

UD: It certainly looks cool. But I read about that "new armor/health system" and figured I'd check out Fragport, where it was used first (your only other wad I've ever played is Shadowcaster, which I happened to run across in the archive). I've only done one level so far, though.

netnomad312 said:

UD: It certainly looks cool. But I read about that "new armor/health system" and figured I'd check out Fragport, where it was used first.

It's only used in map 09, which is a conversion of a Sonic 3D zone (so I used a different setup to go with the Sonic theme). That's the main reason I released a demo of SSD - to see what other people think of the health/armour system, and what it does to the gameplay.

Ultimate DooMer said:

It's only used in map 09, which is a conversion of a Sonic 3D zone (so I used a different setup to go with the Sonic theme). That's the main reason I released a demo of SSD - to see what other people think of the health/armour system, and what it does to the gameplay.

Yeah, I know. I'm not there yet, though. I just finished the first level (and left with full bullets and shells, BTW... what were they all for??).

netnomad312 said:

Yeah, I know. I'm not there yet, though. I just finished the first level (and left with full bullets and shells, BTW... what were they all for??).

Because Fragport is a high carnage wad, where ammo management plays no part (until the 3rd section of the game).

Epyo said:

DEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODEMODE!!!!!!!!!

/me downloads

Now where'd DA go off to? Somebody better go fetch him.

:D I've already seen this since it first came out (the demo) I was just too lazy to make a reply, and yer darn tootin about me playing this badboy, and I must say, I love it, by far my favourite demo, wad, infact, its the only reason I've played doom in the last few months. Great maps, wonderful music of Sonic :D :D :D :D :D, sounds, ideas and all, can't wait till the full release :D. 73895714389729 yays for Ultimate DooMer. :D

DA: I'm not sure wether its geek, nerd, or just plain out fanboy. :P

UD: Oh, nice demo. Loved it. :)

ravage said:

DA: I'm not sure wether its geek, nerd, or just plain out fanboy. :P

UD: Oh, nice demo. Loved it. :)

I prefer Mobian. :D

heh pretty cool I must say you captured the sonic feel quite well, I half expect to hear the sonic jump sound every time I jump (btw if you wanted to add it just make it DSJUMP ;)

tho I still am not a fan of those trees :P I must say overall it was quite cool

Well, I'm kinda dissappointed :(
1-I didn't really like the look, except for that one level with the huts and the 3d bridges connecting them
2-It was too hard for me after level one, and I was playing on ITYTD
3-First level was laggy
But I guess I'm the only one right?

Here's what I did like:
1-The item boxes!
2-The bouncers (gimme more!)
3-That one level with the huts and the 3d bridges connecting them, that wasn't bad at all.

DOOM Anomaly said:

Once again you come scrolling back, scroll buttons get ill like a heart-attack

Hey are those the real words? All I could ever make out was heart-attack...

Epyo said:

Hey are those the real words? All I could ever make out was heart-attack...

Well, now its If yer trying to phase me then ya must smoke crack, Scroll buttons aw yeah, like that, Heart-Attack. :D

Just played the Super Sonic Doom demo. Very cool! Also very hard... but there were a lot of cool tricks (besides the springboards) in there. Like getting on top of the locked areas... guess that kind of quick-change thing (with the floor height, I'm guessing) is only possible in a port. Anyway, you also did something I've been wondering about for a while now: six keys! When I first got the green key in level 1, I thought it was just my own creations acting up (I merged my green key sprites with the IWAD a while back), but then I saw the purple key. Anyway... very cool.

Cyb said:

heh pretty cool I must say you captured the sonic feel quite well, I half expect to hear the sonic jump sound every time I jump (btw if you wanted to add it just make it DSJUMP ;)
tho I still am not a fan of those trees :P I must say overall it was quite cool

Thanks, I didn't know you could put a jump sound in. I wanted to do that as well, so now I can....

Epyo said:

Well, I'm kinda dissappointed :(
1-I didn't really like the look, except for that one level with the huts and the 3d bridges connecting them
2-It was too hard for me after level one, and I was playing on ITYTD
3-First level was laggy
But I guess I'm the only one right?

Here's what I did like:
1-The item boxes!
2-The bouncers (gimme more!)
3-That one level with the huts and the 3d bridges connecting them, that wasn't bad at all.

Don't worry - those two zones were a bit radical in design, but most of the others will have more familiar styles (in fact I'm going to include every known style at some point). Also, there are no skill levels in the demo, that's why it appeared hard on skill 2. The full version will have the 3 skill levels in it. And you'll be pleased to know that the springs and monitors will be in abundance throughout!

netnomad312 said:

Just played the Super Sonic Doom demo. Very cool! Also very hard... but there were a lot of cool tricks (besides the springboards) in there. Like getting on top of the locked areas... guess that kind of quick-change thing (with the floor height, I'm guessing) is only possible in a port. Anyway, you also did something I've been wondering about for a while now: six keys! When I first got the green key in level 1, I thought it was just my own creations acting up (I merged my green key sprites with the IWAD a while back), but then I saw the purple key. Anyway... very cool.

It's actually the ZDoom bridges that I used for that (the instant change method is used for 3D bridges in vanilla DooM - see the DW tutorials for how to do it). You can actually have 6 keys in Boom compatible maps, as there are triggers that make cards and skulls separate (I simply replaced the skulls with the new keycards and changed the messages etc.).

From what you've all said so far, it looks like I have the difficulty right (I don't want it to be too easy), and that's before I bring in all the new monsters...

I'd be interested to hear what you all think of the health/armour system, as I consider it a bit tougher to play with than the normal one. (and I don't want to leave all the maps with a health shortage)

I liked the health and armour ammount, was enough for me to have fun and not jock around, but be on the edge. I found it tougher than the normal Doom's one, which I liked. :D
I also liked the greenish imps and demons, those were neato. :D
Just a wonder though, are the jump-pads gunna be square or circular (i know Doom probably cant have actual circles but like octogons or such. Hehe, its also a good thing Sonic can swim in this one. :D

DOOM Anomaly said:

I liked the health and armour ammount, was enough for me to have fun and not jock around, but be on the edge. I found it tougher than the normal Doom's one, which I liked. :D
I also liked the greenish imps and demons, those were neato. :D
Just a wonder though, are the jump-pads gunna be square or circular (i know Doom probably cant have actual circles but like octogons or such. Hehe, its also a good thing Sonic can swim in this one. :D

I could make the floor springs roughly circular, but the wall-mounted springs have to be square (given that a 3D octagon can't really be done on a wall), so I think it's best to make the floor springs look the same. Sonic can swim, but can only hold his breath for 10 seconds (unless you get a rad monitor, which lasts a minute).